No surprise here — as we reported last year when Cougar Town co-creator/executive producer Bill Lawrence moved from ABC Studios to Warner Bros. TV with a rich new overall deal, the agreement allowed him to continue as showrunner on the ABC/ABC Studios comedy for only one more season before focusing on his WBTV duties full-time. With Cougar Town moving to TBS, which is a sister network to WBTV, and Lawrence not having a new show on the air for next season, it seemed theoretically possible for Lawrence to be loaned out to continue as showrunner. But that did not happen and he will segue into his WBTV deal as planned while staying very involved on Cougar Town as a full-time consultant. (Lawrence has extra ties to the show as his wife, Christa Miller, co-stars on it.) Search is under way for a new showrunner. Lawrence co-created Cougar Town with Kevin Biegel.
Bill Lawrence To Serve As Consultant On 'Cougar Town' Next Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview