No surprise here — as we reported last year when Cougar Town co-creator/executive producer Bill Lawrence moved from ABC Studios to Warner Bros. TV with a rich new overall deal, the agreement allowed him to continue as showrunner on the ABC/ABC Studios comedy for only one more season before focusing on his WBTV duties full-time. With Cougar Town moving to TBS, which is a sister network to WBTV, and Lawrence not having a new show on the air for next season, it seemed theoretically possible for Lawrence to be loaned out to continue as showrunner. But that did not happen and he will segue into his WBTV deal as planned while staying very involved on Cougar Town as a full-time consultant. (Lawrence has extra ties to the show as his wife, Christa Miller, co-stars on it.) Search is under way for a new showrunner. Lawrence co-created Cougar Town with Kevin Biegel.
Bill Lawrence To Serve As Consultant On 'Cougar Town' Next Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins