No surprise here — as we reported last year when Cougar Town co-creator/executive producer Bill Lawrence moved from ABC Studios to Warner Bros. TV with a rich new overall deal, the agreement allowed him to continue as showrunner on the ABC/ABC Studios comedy for only one more season before focusing on his WBTV duties full-time. With Cougar Town moving to TBS, which is a sister network to WBTV, and Lawrence not having a new show on the air for next season, it seemed theoretically possible for Lawrence to be loaned out to continue as showrunner. But that did not happen and he will segue into his WBTV deal as planned while staying very involved on Cougar Town as a full-time consultant. (Lawrence has extra ties to the show as his wife, Christa Miller, co-stars on it.) Search is under way for a new showrunner. Lawrence co-created Cougar Town with Kevin Biegel.
Bill Lawrence To Serve As Consultant On 'Cougar Town' Next Season
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'