No surprise here — as we reported last year when Cougar Town co-creator/executive producer Bill Lawrence moved from ABC Studios to Warner Bros. TV with a rich new overall deal, the agreement allowed him to continue as showrunner on the ABC/ABC Studios comedy for only one more season before focusing on his WBTV duties full-time. With Cougar Town moving to TBS, which is a sister network to WBTV, and Lawrence not having a new show on the air for next season, it seemed theoretically possible for Lawrence to be loaned out to continue as showrunner. But that did not happen and he will segue into his WBTV deal as planned while staying very involved on Cougar Town as a full-time consultant. (Lawrence has extra ties to the show as his wife, Christa Miller, co-stars on it.) Search is under way for a new showrunner. Lawrence co-created Cougar Town with Kevin Biegel.
Bill Lawrence To Serve As Consultant On 'Cougar Town' Next Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Lacerates Donald Trump For Congratulating Vladimir Putin On Fixed Election Win
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Olivia De Havilland’s Lawyers Make Her Case In ‘Feud’ Appeals Hearing
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- Nick Weidenfeld Inks First-Look Animation Deal With Hulu
- E! Picks Up 'Juicy Stories' Dramedy From Michael Patrick King, Amy Harris & Juicy Couture Founders To Pilot