And we have the first recasting on a newly picked up broadcast series. I’ve learned that Amy Huberman, who played the female lead in the NBC single-camera comedy pilot Animal Practice, won’t continue on the project, which was ordered to series yesterday. The office comedy stars Justin Kirk as George, a “House”-like veterinarian, who loves animals but usually hates their owners (especially the new woman who runs the clinic). Irish actress Huberman played that woman, George’s intelligent and beautiful old girlfriend, now engaged to another, who is assigned to run the animal hospital. She landed the role in her first U.S. audition ever. The part will now be recast. Co-starring on the series are Tyler Labine and Bobby Lee.
'Animal Practice' To Recast Female Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series