And we have the first recasting on a newly picked up broadcast series. I’ve learned that Amy Huberman, who played the female lead in the NBC single-camera comedy pilot Animal Practice, won’t continue on the project, which was ordered to series yesterday. The office comedy stars Justin Kirk as George, a “House”-like veterinarian, who loves animals but usually hates their owners (especially the new woman who runs the clinic). Irish actress Huberman played that woman, George’s intelligent and beautiful old girlfriend, now engaged to another, who is assigned to run the animal hospital. She landed the role in her first U.S. audition ever. The part will now be recast. Co-starring on the series are Tyler Labine and Bobby Lee.
'Animal Practice' To Recast Female Lead
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'