And we have the first recasting on a newly picked up broadcast series. I’ve learned that Amy Huberman, who played the female lead in the NBC single-camera comedy pilot Animal Practice, won’t continue on the project, which was ordered to series yesterday. The office comedy stars Justin Kirk as George, a “House”-like veterinarian, who loves animals but usually hates their owners (especially the new woman who runs the clinic). Irish actress Huberman played that woman, George’s intelligent and beautiful old girlfriend, now engaged to another, who is assigned to run the animal hospital. She landed the role in her first U.S. audition ever. The part will now be recast. Co-starring on the series are Tyler Labine and Bobby Lee.
'Animal Practice' To Recast Female Lead
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates