Andie MacDowell is set to star in Hallmark Channel‘s two-hour pilot Cedar Cove. Hallmark Channel in March announced its foray into primetime series with two two-hour pilots, Cedar Cove and When Calls The Heart, which both will air as movies on the network. Cedar Cove is the first to begin production in mid-June for a premiere in late 2012. With MacDowell on board, Hallmark Channel has also committed to a series order to Cedar Cove for an early 2013 debut. Based on the bestselling book series by Debbie Macomber, Cedar Cove centers on the residents of the small town of Cedar Cove. MacDowell will play Judge Olivia Lockhart, whose Cedar Cove Municipal Court is the professional milieu and social microcosm of issues the judge will face in her own day-to-day life with family and friends. Michael Scott is directing the pilot from a script by Bruce Graham. MacDowell currently co-stars in another series on basic cable, ABC Family’s Jane By Design.
Andie MacDowell To Star In Hallmark Channel's First Drama Series 'Cedar Cove'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91