Sony Pictures Classics announced that Michael Haneke’s Cannes Film Festival Palme d’Or winner Amour will be released in Los Angeles and New York on December 19. The intimate drama about an elderly couple confronting the end of life marks Haneke’s second top prize in three years at the festival, which wrapped Sunday. It’s the third tie-up between Haneke and SPC, which also released his Cannes titles Cache (2005) and Palme d’Or winner The White Ribbon (2009).
Cannes Winner 'Amour' Gets Release Date
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company