Sony Pictures Classics announced that Michael Haneke’s Cannes Film Festival Palme d’Or winner Amour will be released in Los Angeles and New York on December 19. The intimate drama about an elderly couple confronting the end of life marks Haneke’s second top prize in three years at the festival, which wrapped Sunday. It’s the third tie-up between Haneke and SPC, which also released his Cannes titles Cache (2005) and Palme d’Or winner The White Ribbon (2009).
Cannes Winner 'Amour' Gets Release Date
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot