Sony Pictures Classics announced that Michael Haneke’s Cannes Film Festival Palme d’Or winner Amour will be released in Los Angeles and New York on December 19. The intimate drama about an elderly couple confronting the end of life marks Haneke’s second top prize in three years at the festival, which wrapped Sunday. It’s the third tie-up between Haneke and SPC, which also released his Cannes titles Cache (2005) and Palme d’Or winner The White Ribbon (2009).
Cannes Winner 'Amour' Gets Release Date
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'