EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that A&E has just cancelled drama Breakout Kings two weeks after the show’s second season ended its run. The series was co-created/executive produced by Matt Olmstead and Nick Santora. Olmstead just signed up for a new gig, running the new NBC drama series Chicago Fire. For Breakout Kings, this is still two seasons more than most expected it would go after Fox passed on the pilot in 2010 despite strong testing. A&E then stepped in and, after lengthy negotiation with producing studio 20th Century TV, the cable network picked it up, with 20th TV’s cable division Fox21 producing. The series, about a squad of U.S. marshals who team up with cons to work together on tracking down prison escapees in exchange for getting time off their sentences, starred Domenick Lombardozzi, Laz Alonso and Jimmi Simpson.
A&E's 'Breakout Kings' Cancelled After Two Seasons
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'L.A. Confidential': Walton Goggins To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot; Anna Fricke Joins As Co-Showrunner
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest TV News
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation