ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee is not going anywhere. A Variety report out of London about interest in the British-born ABC executive for the soon-to-be-vacant position of director general of the BBC got the town buzzing as the news comes while Lee and his team are deep in pilot screenings only two weeks before Lee is slated to pitch ABC’s schedule for next season to advertisers at the network’s upfront presentation. It is true that Lee is one of a number of British executives on the list of the BBC headhunters, but ABC sources stress that the overture to him was one-way, that Lee is under contract and has no intention of leaving. “He was approached because he is British, and so were others,” one source said. It would be an awkward timing for Lee to leave as he’s doing pretty well — he has been in the job for less that two years and his first development season delivered more successful new shows than any other network: Once Upon A Time, Suburgatory and Revenge are certain to be renewed, and midseason entry Don’t Trust The B— In Apt. 23 looks good too. So it looks like Jimmy Kimmel will not have to do a last-minute rewrite of his traditional roast, a highlight of ABC’s upfront.
ABC's Paul Lee Staying Put, Not Considering Top BBC Job
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest TV News
- Steve Bannon On Exit: “I've Got My Hands Back On My Weapons”
- FX Acquires ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Logan’, ‘Girls Trip’, ‘Despicable Me 3’, ‘War For The Planet of the Apes’…
- ‘Westworld’s Thandie Newton On HBO’s Series Strengths, Season 2 & Freedom — Emmys
- Kim Kardashian To Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly And Ryan’ This Month
- Steve Bannon Exits As Donald Trump’s Chief Strategist, Returns To Breitbart As “Populist Hero”
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ VFX Supervisor Brendan Taylor On Dismantling Church With Potent, Invisible Effects