ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee is not going anywhere. A Variety report out of London about interest in the British-born ABC executive for the soon-to-be-vacant position of director general of the BBC got the town buzzing as the news comes while Lee and his team are deep in pilot screenings only two weeks before Lee is slated to pitch ABC’s schedule for next season to advertisers at the network’s upfront presentation. It is true that Lee is one of a number of British executives on the list of the BBC headhunters, but ABC sources stress that the overture to him was one-way, that Lee is under contract and has no intention of leaving. “He was approached because he is British, and so were others,” one source said. It would be an awkward timing for Lee to leave as he’s doing pretty well — he has been in the job for less that two years and his first development season delivered more successful new shows than any other network: Once Upon A Time, Suburgatory and Revenge are certain to be renewed, and midseason entry Don’t Trust The B— In Apt. 23 looks good too. So it looks like Jimmy Kimmel will not have to do a last-minute rewrite of his traditional roast, a highlight of ABC’s upfront.
ABC's Paul Lee Staying Put, Not Considering Top BBC Job
What's Hot on Deadline
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- Euro 2016: Will French Strikes & Fuel Shortages Be A Boon For Broadcasters?
- Warriors-Thunder Game 7 Is Cable’s Most Watched NBA Telecast Ever With 16M Viewers On TNT
- ‘The Shield’ Actor Michael Jace Guilty Of Second-Degree Murder
- ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller In Plea Deal Talks For $5M Fraud Case; Seeks Another Delay From Judge
- Facebook, Twitter & Others To Combat Hate Speech In Europe; Lars Mikkelsen ‘Rides Upon The Storm’; Paul Hogan Mini…
- Donald Trump Calls ABC Reporter “A Sleaze” During News Conference About Veterans Fundraiser