ABC’s Happy Endings got its happy ending. As expected, the network has given a full-season, 22-episode order to the Sony TV-produced sophomore comedy series, which was glaringly missing from last night’s list of seven “no-brainer” ABC scripted series renewals. After several extra hours of deal-making, the quirky comedy has now joined fellow returning comedies Modern Family, Suburgatory, The Middle and dramas Once Upon A Time, Grey’s Anatomy, Revenge and Castle. Still pending are the renewals of freshmen comedy Last Men Standing and Don’t Trust The B—-, with GCB and Private Practice and Body Of Proof still on the bubble, with Body and Scandal looking good and Practice in tough negotiations for a 13-episode final season.
ABC's 'Happy Endings' Gets 3rd Season
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres