ABC’s Happy Endings got its happy ending. As expected, the network has given a full-season, 22-episode order to the Sony TV-produced sophomore comedy series, which was glaringly missing from last night’s list of seven “no-brainer” ABC scripted series renewals. After several extra hours of deal-making, the quirky comedy has now joined fellow returning comedies Modern Family, Suburgatory, The Middle and dramas Once Upon A Time, Grey’s Anatomy, Revenge and Castle. Still pending are the renewals of freshmen comedy Last Men Standing and Don’t Trust The B—-, with GCB and Private Practice and Body Of Proof still on the bubble, with Body and Scandal looking good and Practice in tough negotiations for a 13-episode final season.
ABC's 'Happy Endings' Gets 3rd Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
President Donald Trump Will Not Attend White House Correspondents' Dinner; Event Will Go On As Scheduled (Update)
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'