ABC’s Happy Endings got its happy ending. As expected, the network has given a full-season, 22-episode order to the Sony TV-produced sophomore comedy series, which was glaringly missing from last night’s list of seven “no-brainer” ABC scripted series renewals. After several extra hours of deal-making, the quirky comedy has now joined fellow returning comedies Modern Family, Suburgatory, The Middle and dramas Once Upon A Time, Grey’s Anatomy, Revenge and Castle. Still pending are the renewals of freshmen comedy Last Men Standing and Don’t Trust The B—-, with GCB and Private Practice and Body Of Proof still on the bubble, with Body and Scandal looking good and Practice in tough negotiations for a 13-episode final season.
ABC's 'Happy Endings' Gets 3rd Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold
- Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
- Grieving Florida Students, Parents Savage Senator Marco Rubio At CNN Town Hall On Gun Violence
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- ‘The Village’: Grace Van Dien To Star In NBC Drama Pilot
- ‘High Maintenance’ & ‘Crashing’ Renewed For Season 3 By HBO