ABC’s Happy Endings got its happy ending. As expected, the network has given a full-season, 22-episode order to the Sony TV-produced sophomore comedy series, which was glaringly missing from last night’s list of seven “no-brainer” ABC scripted series renewals. After several extra hours of deal-making, the quirky comedy has now joined fellow returning comedies Modern Family, Suburgatory, The Middle and dramas Once Upon A Time, Grey’s Anatomy, Revenge and Castle. Still pending are the renewals of freshmen comedy Last Men Standing and Don’t Trust The B—-, with GCB and Private Practice and Body Of Proof still on the bubble, with Body and Scandal looking good and Practice in tough negotiations for a 13-episode final season.
ABC's 'Happy Endings' Gets 3rd Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'Disenchantment' Teases First Look At Fantastical Characters In Matt Groening's Very Adult Netflix Animated Series
Latest TV News
- ‘SEAL Team’: John Glenn Joins CBS Series As New Showrunner, Two EPs Depart
- ‘The Middle’ Co-Creator On The “Bittersweet” Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
- ‘The Middle’ Series Finale: ABC’s Fond Farewell To America’s Beloved TV Family Is One “Heck Of A Ride”…
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- ‘Roseanne’ Finale: EP Bruce Helford On One Topic They Didn’t Get To Tackle, Season 2 Themes & Who May…
- ‘Rectify’ Star Aden Young Inks With ICM Partners