“We’re breaking down the walls” between different media, ABC Sales President Geri Wang told advertisers at the network’s upfront presentation today. “One deal. One CPM. One guarantee. Every screen. In a world of fragmentation, we offer you aggregation.” The message builds on the efforts by all networks to promote, and get paid for, their audiences on digital plaforms and VOD as well as their traditional broadcasts. “We feel equally passionate about giving you what you want: the best return on your investment,” Disney Media Networks co-chair Anne Sweeney says. The company tried to separate itself from its rivals by noting that its audience is richer, better educated, and more concentrated in major markets. Wang says that as a result of a test with Nielsen “for the very first time we have proof that (our) premium demographics translates into purchasing power.” The company says the results found that viewers of its shows including Modern Family, Revenge, and Castle bought more than competitors such as Two And A Half Men, Bones, and Law & Order: SVU.
ABC Tells Advertisers It Can Guarantee Multimedia Audiences With A Single Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
Latest TV News
- ‘The Assassination of Gianni Versace’ Writer Tom Rob Smith Says British Drama Is Moving Into Line With U.S.
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Steven Knight On Fans & Heroes As He Nabs First BAFTA Nomination For Writing Gangster Saga
- ‘The Crown’ & ‘Taboo’ Lead BAFTA TV Craft Nominations – Full List
- ‘Trainspotting’s Kelly Macdonald To Star In BBC One Legal Thriller ‘The Victim’
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Sets Jerry O’Connell To Play Sheldon’s Brother – PaleyFest
- ‘The Assassination Of Gianni Versace’ Season Finale: What Does Designer’s Murder Mean 20 Years Later?