Marc Cherry is inching closer to a quick return to ABC’s primetime. I’ve learned that his ABC/ABC Studios pilot Devious Maids has been given permission to start making senior staffing offers. While that does not guarantee a series pickup, such a move is usually a promising sign about a pilot’s chances. Like Cherry’s departing Desperate Housewives, Devious Maids, based on the Mexican format, is a soap with four female leads (Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, Judy Reyes), maids with ambition and dreams of their own who work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Devious Maids is one of several pilots that are already making staffing offers, along with NBC comedies Save Me and The New Normal. NBC’s single-camera comedy Go On is the only pilot so far to secure a series order.
ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids' Starts Making Staffing Offers
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21