Marc Cherry is inching closer to a quick return to ABC’s primetime. I’ve learned that his ABC/ABC Studios pilot Devious Maids has been given permission to start making senior staffing offers. While that does not guarantee a series pickup, such a move is usually a promising sign about a pilot’s chances. Like Cherry’s departing Desperate Housewives, Devious Maids, based on the Mexican format, is a soap with four female leads (Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, Judy Reyes), maids with ambition and dreams of their own who work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Devious Maids is one of several pilots that are already making staffing offers, along with NBC comedies Save Me and The New Normal. NBC’s single-camera comedy Go On is the only pilot so far to secure a series order.
ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids' Starts Making Staffing Offers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include 'The Crown', 'The Night Manager', 'National Treasure' -- Full List
Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro Eyeing 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' From Eric Roth Adaptation
Latest TV News
- 'Feud: Bette and Joan' Finale: EP Tim Minear Avoided A "Petty Bitchfest"
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’…
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Star Yvonne Strahovski: “Women's Rights Are Human Rights”…
- Erin Moran: “We Did Our Best”, Says Child Actor Advocate Paul Petersen
- Ex-Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Says Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her