Marc Cherry is inching closer to a quick return to ABC’s primetime. I’ve learned that his ABC/ABC Studios pilot Devious Maids has been given permission to start making senior staffing offers. While that does not guarantee a series pickup, such a move is usually a promising sign about a pilot’s chances. Like Cherry’s departing Desperate Housewives, Devious Maids, based on the Mexican format, is a soap with four female leads (Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, Judy Reyes), maids with ambition and dreams of their own who work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Devious Maids is one of several pilots that are already making staffing offers, along with NBC comedies Save Me and The New Normal. NBC’s single-camera comedy Go On is the only pilot so far to secure a series order.
ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids' Starts Making Staffing Offers
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips
- CBS Buys Adaptation Of British Comedy 'Friday Night Dinner' As Put Pilot