In a competitive situation with several studios interested, 20th Century Fox TV has signed hot young comedy writer-producer Kay Cannon in an overall deal. She will develop new projects for the studio and will also join 20th TV’s comedy series New Girl as a co-executive producer next season. Second City and UCB alumna Cannon spent the last 6 years on NBC’s Emmy-winning comedy series 30 Rock, starting as a staff writer in Season 1 and rising to supervising producer this season. In 2010 she received an Emmy nomination for co-writing with 30 Rock creator/star Tina Fey the Lee Marvin vs. Derek Jeter episode of the show. On the feature side, Cannon’s first script, Pitch Perfect, is being produced into a movie distributed by Universal and starring Anna Kendrick. Cannon is with WME and Brillstein Entertainment.
'30 Rock' Writer Kay Cannon Signs Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book