In a competitive situation with several studios interested, 20th Century Fox TV has signed hot young comedy writer-producer Kay Cannon in an overall deal. She will develop new projects for the studio and will also join 20th TV’s comedy series New Girl as a co-executive producer next season. Second City and UCB alumna Cannon spent the last 6 years on NBC’s Emmy-winning comedy series 30 Rock, starting as a staff writer in Season 1 and rising to supervising producer this season. In 2010 she received an Emmy nomination for co-writing with 30 Rock creator/star Tina Fey the Lee Marvin vs. Derek Jeter episode of the show. On the feature side, Cannon’s first script, Pitch Perfect, is being produced into a movie distributed by Universal and starring Anna Kendrick. Cannon is with WME and Brillstein Entertainment.
'30 Rock' Writer Kay Cannon Signs Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- CBS Buys Corinne Kingsbury Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Sony Pictures TV Taps PMK-BNC Exec Stacy Weitz As VP Communications
- Fox News Dominates August But Down Vs. 2015; CNN No. 2 In News Demo, While MSNBC Takes Total Viewers
- Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama 'Warrior' From Justin Lin & ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
- Deadline Advisory: TV Ratings Delayed
- Viacom To Rebrand MTV Hits As NickMusic