In a competitive situation with several studios interested, 20th Century Fox TV has signed hot young comedy writer-producer Kay Cannon in an overall deal. She will develop new projects for the studio and will also join 20th TV’s comedy series New Girl as a co-executive producer next season. Second City and UCB alumna Cannon spent the last 6 years on NBC’s Emmy-winning comedy series 30 Rock, starting as a staff writer in Season 1 and rising to supervising producer this season. In 2010 she received an Emmy nomination for co-writing with 30 Rock creator/star Tina Fey the Lee Marvin vs. Derek Jeter episode of the show. On the feature side, Cannon’s first script, Pitch Perfect, is being produced into a movie distributed by Universal and starring Anna Kendrick. Cannon is with WME and Brillstein Entertainment.
'30 Rock' Writer Kay Cannon Signs Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest TV News
- Chiefs Win Sees ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Fall, ‘Pitch’ Up, ‘Notorious’ Low
- Cinemax Returns To Action, Pulpy Series & Co-Prods In New Programming Strategy
- 21st Century Fox Reaches Preliminary Deal To Acquire UK’s Sky
- Hulu Acquires Streaming Rights To Louis C.K.’s ‘Horace and Pete’
- Funny Or Die Alum Kellyn Parker Joins Comedy Central In VP Role
- Nick Styne Leaving CAA To Form Management/Production Venture