In a competitive situation with several studios interested, 20th Century Fox TV has signed hot young comedy writer-producer Kay Cannon in an overall deal. She will develop new projects for the studio and will also join 20th TV’s comedy series New Girl as a co-executive producer next season. Second City and UCB alumna Cannon spent the last 6 years on NBC’s Emmy-winning comedy series 30 Rock, starting as a staff writer in Season 1 and rising to supervising producer this season. In 2010 she received an Emmy nomination for co-writing with 30 Rock creator/star Tina Fey the Lee Marvin vs. Derek Jeter episode of the show. On the feature side, Cannon’s first script, Pitch Perfect, is being produced into a movie distributed by Universal and starring Anna Kendrick. Cannon is with WME and Brillstein Entertainment.
'30 Rock' Writer Kay Cannon Signs Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
Latest TV News
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The…
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
- Aasif Mandvi Getting ‘Younger’; Robert Craighead Joins ‘Future Man’
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot
- Faye Dunaway Talks Feeling "Guilty" About Oscars Best Picture Snafu On 'NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt'