EXCLUSIVE: After six years on NBC’s 30 Rock, executive producer John Riggi is leaving the series for an overall deal at Warner Bros. TV. Under the rich two-year deal, Riggi will develop new projects for the studio and also work on an existing WBTV series. Riggi has been on 30 Rock since after the pilot, starting off as a co-executive producer. He shared in the series’ three Emmy wins for best comedies. Before 30 Rock, Riggi worked on Will & Grace, The Bernie Mac Show, The Comeback and The Larry Sanders Show. UTA-repped Riggi is the latest upper-level 30 Rock writer-producer to segue into an overall deal as the comedy series is nearing its end — expected to return for an abbreviated seventh and final season. In the past two weeks Matt Hubbard signed with Universal TV, Kay Cannon inked with 20th TV. Josh Siegal and Dylan Morgan just landed at Sony Pictures TV but will return for the final batch of 13-14 episodes of 30 Rock as co-executive producers. In addition to serving as a writer and executive producer, Riggi also has directed a dozen episodes of 30 Rock. While as a writer-producer he will work on projects under his WBTV deal, Riggi may go back to helm one or more episodes of 30 Rock‘s final season.
‘30 Rock’ Executive Producer John Riggi Signs Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel