Zak Penn has scripted superhero movies like X-Men: The Last Stand, The Incredible Hulk and Electra and has the story-by credit for the upcoming The Avengers. Now he is creating his own superhero for comic books: Avatar Press said Penn’s series Hero Worship will launch in July. The six issues will be co-written with Star Wars: The Clone Wars screenwriter Scott Murphy and drawn by Michael DiPascale. It centers on Zenith, an indestructible hero who has legions of fans following every disaster, trying to catch a glimpse of the ultimate celebrity and risking their own lives in the process. One of his fans becomes so obsessed it leads to the development of his own powers. Penn is the co-creator of Syfy’s Alphas, which has been renewed for a second season to premiere this year.
Zak Penn To Make Comic Book Debut With Six-Issue Series 'Hero Worship'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'