Zak Penn has scripted superhero movies like X-Men: The Last Stand, The Incredible Hulk and Electra and has the story-by credit for the upcoming The Avengers. Now he is creating his own superhero for comic books: Avatar Press said Penn’s series Hero Worship will launch in July. The six issues will be co-written with Star Wars: The Clone Wars screenwriter Scott Murphy and drawn by Michael DiPascale. It centers on Zenith, an indestructible hero who has legions of fans following every disaster, trying to catch a glimpse of the ultimate celebrity and risking their own lives in the process. One of his fans becomes so obsessed it leads to the development of his own powers. Penn is the co-creator of Syfy’s Alphas, which has been renewed for a second season to premiere this year.
Zak Penn To Make Comic Book Debut With Six-Issue Series 'Hero Worship'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- FYI Greenlights 'Married At First Sight' Follow-Up Series Chronicling Year 1 Of Wedded Bliss
- Summit Marketing Exec Jack Pan Moves To Robert Simonds' Studio
- 'Walking Dead' Producer Among Four Joining AMPAS Sci-Tech Council
- ABC 'World News Tonight' Wins Premiere Week In News Demo; NBC Nightly News Wins With Total Viewers
- Kenny Smith Family Reality Series Joins TBS Starting Lineup
- 'Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown' Ratings: CNN Season Premiere Down With 538,000 Viewers