Zak Penn has scripted superhero movies like X-Men: The Last Stand, The Incredible Hulk and Electra and has the story-by credit for the upcoming The Avengers. Now he is creating his own superhero for comic books: Avatar Press said Penn’s series Hero Worship will launch in July. The six issues will be co-written with Star Wars: The Clone Wars screenwriter Scott Murphy and drawn by Michael DiPascale. It centers on Zenith, an indestructible hero who has legions of fans following every disaster, trying to catch a glimpse of the ultimate celebrity and risking their own lives in the process. One of his fans becomes so obsessed it leads to the development of his own powers. Penn is the co-creator of Syfy’s Alphas, which has been renewed for a second season to premiere this year.
Zak Penn To Make Comic Book Debut With Six-Issue Series 'Hero Worship'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Focus World Cuffs ‘Cop Car'; ARC Bites ‘Walking Deceased'; Cinedigm Inks With Brand Inc
- Paul Scheer Heads To ‘Daddy’s Home’, Joins Brian Huskey In Musical ‘One Shot’
- Location Managers Guild Scouts Out Awards Nominations
- Chazz Palminteri Plans Stage Return In ‘Breaking Bobby Stone’
- Oscars: Margot Robbie & Miles Teller To Host Sci-Tech Awards
- Biz Strategist Victor Antonio Helps Families In Financial Crisis In New Spike TV Series