Writer-producer Michael Oates Palmer (The West Wing) has signed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. The pact, which starts in June, comes on the heels of Palmer developing two hourlong projects at Universal TV’s sister network NBC — American Exile, a contemporary take on the Casablanca love triangle, with McG’s Wonderland and Warner Bros. TV, and The Hurt, a medical drama with the Shepherd-Robin Co and WBTV. The latter was originally set up at FX. Additionally, ICM-repped Palmer recently turned in his script for Skinny Dip, a half-hour adaptation of Carl Hiaasen’s novel for HBO with Michael Keaton attached to produce and potentially star. Palmer’s series credits also include AMC’s Rubicon and ABC’s Cupid. This is the latest of a slew of overall deals at Universal TV, which has been aggressively beefing up its talent roster this spring, heading into next development season.
Writer Michael Oates Palmer Signs Overall Deal With Universal Television
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest TV News
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Philadelphia Eagles Demolish Minnesota Vikings 38-7 In NFC Championship
- SAG Awards Stunt Ensemble Winners: ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Game Of Thrones’
- New England Patriots Top Jacksonville Jaguars 24-20 in AFC Championship