Writer-producer Michael Oates Palmer (The West Wing) has signed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. The pact, which starts in June, comes on the heels of Palmer developing two hourlong projects at Universal TV’s sister network NBC — American Exile, a contemporary take on the Casablanca love triangle, with McG’s Wonderland and Warner Bros. TV, and The Hurt, a medical drama with the Shepherd-Robin Co and WBTV. The latter was originally set up at FX. Additionally, ICM-repped Palmer recently turned in his script for Skinny Dip, a half-hour adaptation of Carl Hiaasen’s novel for HBO with Michael Keaton attached to produce and potentially star. Palmer’s series credits also include AMC’s Rubicon and ABC’s Cupid. This is the latest of a slew of overall deals at Universal TV, which has been aggressively beefing up its talent roster this spring, heading into next development season.
Writer Michael Oates Palmer Signs Overall Deal With Universal Television
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest TV News
- Dwayne Johnson & Jimmy Fallon Reunite Military Family On ‘Tonight Show’; Real Tears Ensue
- New ‘Sherlock’ S4 Trailer: “What’s The Very Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Very Best Friends?”
- ‘Blue Bloods’ Ratings Top Night, ’20/20′ Falls, ‘Exorcist’ & ‘Crazy…
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- Donald Trump On Role In ‘Celebrity Apprentice’: “Zero Time” But “Big Stake”; Slams CNN As “Fake News”…
- Jimmy Kimmel Skewers President Elect’s Domestic Policy With ‘Trump On A Stump’