Wolfe Releasing announced today that it has acquired American rights to Gayby. The film, which debuted at the SXSW Film Festival this year in Austin, will be released theatrically this year in partnership with The Film Collaborative and come out on DVD and VOD in 2013. Written and directed by Jonathan Lisecki, Gayby revolves around two old friends — a gay man and a straight woman — who decide to have a baby together the old fashion way. Amy Hobby and Anne Hubbell produced Gayby, which started with money raised from a Kickstarter campaign. Executive producers are Zeke Farrow and Laura Heberton. Orly Ravid of The Film Collaborative put the deal together.
Wolfe Snags U.S. Rights To ‘Gayby'
What's Hot on Deadline
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
California Wildfires: Santa Barbara Orders Mandatory Evacuations, Celebrity Homes Threatened— Update
Latest Film News
- The Black List 2017 Screenplays Unveiled (LIVE)
- Saudi Arabia: NATO Members Have “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas
- Best Globes Reaction? Kumail Nanjiani Tweets Tall Tale After ‘The Big Sick’ Snub
- Golden Globe Movies Analysis: Wide-Open Oscar Season Just Got A Lot Wider
- Golden Globes: Geoffrey Rush Reacts To Nominations Following Allegations
- Netflix Unveils Documentary Shorts, Includes One On Author Ram Dass