Wolfe Releasing announced today that it has acquired American rights to Gayby. The film, which debuted at the SXSW Film Festival this year in Austin, will be released theatrically this year in partnership with The Film Collaborative and come out on DVD and VOD in 2013. Written and directed by Jonathan Lisecki, Gayby revolves around two old friends — a gay man and a straight woman — who decide to have a baby together the old fashion way. Amy Hobby and Anne Hubbell produced Gayby, which started with money raised from a Kickstarter campaign. Executive producers are Zeke Farrow and Laura Heberton. Orly Ravid of The Film Collaborative put the deal together.
Wolfe Snags U.S. Rights To ‘Gayby'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Michelle Rodriguez Tells ‘Fast’ Folks To “Show Some Love” To Female Characters Or Else
- Elizabeth Gillies Cast In Untitled Arizona Project Comedy
- Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner In Talks To Pen ‘Toni Erdmann’ Redo
- Chris Miller Channels Han Solo In Twitter Return
- Gail Mancuso Set To Direct DreamWorks’ Comedy ‘Besties’
- ‘Baby Driver’ Review: Fast And Curious Flick Driven By Cool Playlist, Hot Wheels & Style For Miles