Wolfe Releasing announced today that it has acquired American rights to Gayby. The film, which debuted at the SXSW Film Festival this year in Austin, will be released theatrically this year in partnership with The Film Collaborative and come out on DVD and VOD in 2013. Written and directed by Jonathan Lisecki, Gayby revolves around two old friends — a gay man and a straight woman — who decide to have a baby together the old fashion way. Amy Hobby and Anne Hubbell produced Gayby, which started with money raised from a Kickstarter campaign. Executive producers are Zeke Farrow and Laura Heberton. Orly Ravid of The Film Collaborative put the deal together.
Wolfe Snags U.S. Rights To ‘Gayby'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next?…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Lorna Tucker Docu ‘Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist’
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods – The Complete Winners List