Wolfe Releasing announced today that it has acquired American rights to Gayby. The film, which debuted at the SXSW Film Festival this year in Austin, will be released theatrically this year in partnership with The Film Collaborative and come out on DVD and VOD in 2013. Written and directed by Jonathan Lisecki, Gayby revolves around two old friends — a gay man and a straight woman — who decide to have a baby together the old fashion way. Amy Hobby and Anne Hubbell produced Gayby, which started with money raised from a Kickstarter campaign. Executive producers are Zeke Farrow and Laura Heberton. Orly Ravid of The Film Collaborative put the deal together.
Wolfe Snags U.S. Rights To ‘Gayby'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…