While David Lynch hasn’t brought his surreal style to a feature film since 2006’s Inland Empire, the Eraserhead helmer appears to be in peak form here with Crazy Clown Time, a video he directed for the title track off his debut solo album. Lynch, who has often written music for his many films, put out an album of 14 original songs on which he plays guitar, sings and produced the tracks. Lynch describes his style as “modern blues.” Deadline got a sense of the tunes when I wrote about the disc last summer, and I predicted that the pulsating, synthesizer-heavy dance tunes with heavily processed vocals would be as polarizing as Lynch’s films; some will love it, others will check their ears for bleeding. Here is Lynch’s bizarre Crazy Clown Time video. I don’t know about you, but the beat and bizarre imagery makes me long for that first season of Twin Peaks.
Welcome To David Lynch's Video Nightmare
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Teaser Trailers Spotlight Batman, Aquaman & The Flash – Update
- Sony Update: New Candidate Emerges In Former Fox Exec Tony Vinciquerra
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- Amy Pascal Wins Auction For Laura Dave Novel ‘Hello, Sunshine’; Author Scripting With ‘Spotlight’s…
- Emily Hampshire To Star In Indie ‘Never Saw It Coming’
- Will Sasso Joins ‘The Burning Woman’; Adrian Glynn McMorran Boards ‘Volition’