The Weinstein Company has filed suit against Kevin Williamson and his Outer Banks Entertainment in a dispute that arose out of a settlement between Williamson and TWC involving Scream 4 and a project entitled Shadows. The suit TWC filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court contends that Williamson and TWC had reached a settlement whereby TWC paid Williamson in exchange for releasing claims they had against each other in the disagreement over Williamson’s contractual obligations to TWC for writing and producing Scream 4. TWC’s suit says the company has paid Williamson for control of Scream 4 and other movie projects including Shadows. TWC claims that in addition to the money already paid, Williamson contends that he remains exclusive owner of Shadows. TWC seeks a judicial declaration that it is exclusively entitled to exploit Shadows, court costs and any other relief the court deems just and proper. You can read about the suit here.
The Weinstein Co. Sues Kevin Williamson Over Rights To 'Shadows'
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Team
- Fox’s Lines Up Super Bowl Ad For ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ – Video
- Sony Nabs Rights To Sci-Fi Comic Book Series ‘Descender’
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Official Season 5 Trailer
- Fairuza Balk & Shree Crooks Join Showtime Drama ‘Ray Donovan’
- Horatio Sanz, Matt Walsh Get The Riot Act: 'A Better You' At SBIFF – Hot Clip
- Bonnie Arnold, Carolyn Blackwood Among Santa Barbara’s Women In The Biz Panelists