The Weinstein Company has filed suit against Kevin Williamson and his Outer Banks Entertainment in a dispute that arose out of a settlement between Williamson and TWC involving Scream 4 and a project entitled Shadows. The suit TWC filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court contends that Williamson and TWC had reached a settlement whereby TWC paid Williamson in exchange for releasing claims they had against each other in the disagreement over Williamson’s contractual obligations to TWC for writing and producing Scream 4. TWC’s suit says the company has paid Williamson for control of Scream 4 and other movie projects including Shadows. TWC claims that in addition to the money already paid, Williamson contends that he remains exclusive owner of Shadows. TWC seeks a judicial declaration that it is exclusively entitled to exploit Shadows, court costs and any other relief the court deems just and proper. You can read about the suit here.
The Weinstein Co. Sues Kevin Williamson Over Rights To 'Shadows'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Award Nominations: British Plays, American Tuners Split 2015 Noms; 'Fish,' 'Finding Neverland,' 'Zhivago' Blanked
Latest Film News
- Fox Searchlight Nearing Deal For Paolo Sorrentino’s ‘Youth’ – Cannes
- Alison Thompson & Mark Gooder Launch Cornerstone Films In Time For Cannes
- Peter Hoffman “Stunned” By Guilty Verdict In Louisiana Tax Fraud Trial – Updated
- Xavier Dolan Lines Up ‘It’s Only The End Of The World’ Next With Loaded Cast
- Evan Handler To Topline CIA-Set Digital Series ‘The Analyst’
- Andrew Lesnie Dies: Oscar-Winning ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Cinematographer Was 59