The Weinstein Company has filed suit against Kevin Williamson and his Outer Banks Entertainment in a dispute that arose out of a settlement between Williamson and TWC involving Scream 4 and a project entitled Shadows. The suit TWC filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court contends that Williamson and TWC had reached a settlement whereby TWC paid Williamson in exchange for releasing claims they had against each other in the disagreement over Williamson’s contractual obligations to TWC for writing and producing Scream 4. TWC’s suit says the company has paid Williamson for control of Scream 4 and other movie projects including Shadows. TWC claims that in addition to the money already paid, Williamson contends that he remains exclusive owner of Shadows. TWC seeks a judicial declaration that it is exclusively entitled to exploit Shadows, court costs and any other relief the court deems just and proper. You can read about the suit here.
The Weinstein Co. Sues Kevin Williamson Over Rights To 'Shadows'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Shot Caller’ Review: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Plays A Game Of Survival In Gripping…
- Blumhouse & Todd McFarlane Team For ‘Spawn’ Movie – Comic-Con
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's…
- ‘Dunkirk’ To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Hot At $27M+; ‘Valerian’ Falling To Earth…
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’
- Kevin Spacey To Play Gore Vidal In Netflix Biopic