The Weinstein Company has filed suit against Kevin Williamson and his Outer Banks Entertainment in a dispute that arose out of a settlement between Williamson and TWC involving Scream 4 and a project entitled Shadows. The suit TWC filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court contends that Williamson and TWC had reached a settlement whereby TWC paid Williamson in exchange for releasing claims they had against each other in the disagreement over Williamson’s contractual obligations to TWC for writing and producing Scream 4. TWC’s suit says the company has paid Williamson for control of Scream 4 and other movie projects including Shadows. TWC claims that in addition to the money already paid, Williamson contends that he remains exclusive owner of Shadows. TWC seeks a judicial declaration that it is exclusively entitled to exploit Shadows, court costs and any other relief the court deems just and proper. You can read about the suit here.
The Weinstein Co. Sues Kevin Williamson Over Rights To 'Shadows'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Targets $60M+; 'Bad Moms' Gets Sassy With $26.5M; 'Nerve' Holds Steady - Box Office Friday
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $16M - Friday Matinees
Latest Film News
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Targets $60M+; ‘Bad Moms’ Gets Sassy With $26.5M; ‘Nerve’ Holds Steady – Box…
- Vin Diesel Officially Passes 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- Anna Gunn Talks Starring In ‘Equity’, Working With Clint Eastwood & Rumors Of ‘Breaking Bad’ And ‘Deadwood…
- Marvel’s ‘Avengers 3’ Gets Official Title With Temp Name Hung On ‘Avengers 4’
- Animation Vets Launch Astro-Nomical Entertainment To Make Indie Toons
- Geoff Stults Jumps Into ‘Granite Mountain’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’