The Weinstein Company has filed suit against Kevin Williamson and his Outer Banks Entertainment in a dispute that arose out of a settlement between Williamson and TWC involving Scream 4 and a project entitled Shadows. The suit TWC filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court contends that Williamson and TWC had reached a settlement whereby TWC paid Williamson in exchange for releasing claims they had against each other in the disagreement over Williamson’s contractual obligations to TWC for writing and producing Scream 4. TWC’s suit says the company has paid Williamson for control of Scream 4 and other movie projects including Shadows. TWC claims that in addition to the money already paid, Williamson contends that he remains exclusive owner of Shadows. TWC seeks a judicial declaration that it is exclusively entitled to exploit Shadows, court costs and any other relief the court deems just and proper. You can read about the suit here.
The Weinstein Co. Sues Kevin Williamson Over Rights To 'Shadows'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
‘The Man In The High Castle’ EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
'Young & Hungry' Spinoff: Steve Talley Set As Male Lead, Ryan Pinkston Cast, Title & Other Details Revealed
Latest Film News
- ‘X-Men’ & ‘Alice’ To Boost Memorial Day Weekend After Last Year’s Holiday Apocalypse
- ‘Central Intelligence’ Gets Fest Bow Ahead Of Release; Screamfest 2016 Dates Set
- Versa Media Capital Raises $100M To Bridge Finance Indie TV & Film Projects
- Palm Springs Film Festival Sets 2017 Dates; Gravitas Acquires ‘Cardinal Matter’
- Pennsylvania Man Pleads Guilty to Hacking Celebrity Computers
- ‘Collide’ Trailer: Felicity Jones & Nicholas Hoult Rev Engines For August Bow