Shed Media Group, controlled by Warner Bros International Television Production, has acquired a majority stake in UK TV production company Renegade Pictures. The company specializes in factual entertainment formats and documentaries. Founded in 2006 by Alan Hayling, Alex Cooke and Jon Rowlands, Renegade’s slate includes BBC Three reality show Don’t Tell The Bride, BBC Two’s World’s Most Dangerous Roads, Death Unexplained for BBC One and ITV’s Popstar To Operastar. Former BBC commissioner Harry Lansdown is editorial director at Renegade and, along with the existing team, will continue to operate independently from their London base. The company’s output will now be distributed by Warner Bros. Shed’s other brands include Shed Productions (Waterloo Road, Footballers Wives), Wall to Wall (The Voice UK), Twenty Twenty (World’s Strictest Parents) and Ricochet (The Bachelor UK).
Warner's Shed Media Adds Renegade
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest International News
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Exec Producer Frank Doelger Launches Drama Firm
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods – The Complete Winners List
- Armando Iannucci Still “Hopeful” Of ‘The Death Of Stalin’ Getting Russian Release
- Gemma Arterton Says “There Is So Much More To Do” In #MeToo Campaign – BAFTA Awards