EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has purchased a sci-fi action pitch about a rapidly evolving species of dinosaurs who attack modern Los Angeles. John Clisham, a longtime employee at James Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment and who recently worked on the Titanic 3Dconversion, is directing and will write the script with Mike Bayman. The rest of the plot is being kept under wraps, but the project was developed by online network Break Media as a large-scale web series. Warners’ Greg Silverman and Sarah Schechter saw early tests and stepped up to acquire it as a feature film. Bayman will produce; Scott Nocas and Break Media’s Greg Siegel will executive produce. Break Media creates and distributes male-targeted content online. The company reaches more than 200 million consumers through its portfolio of owned and operated web properties and mobile applications.
Warner Bros Buys Sci-Fi Dinosaur Pitch
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
'Moana' Keeps Fire Going In Chilly December Weekend; 'Manchester' & 'Jackie' Bask In Awards Season Rays
Latest Film News
- ‘The Mummy’ Trailer: Watch The Franchise Rise From The Grave
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $177M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl…
- Los Angeles Film Critics Name ‘Moonlight’ Best Picture Of The Year
- British Independent Film Awards: ‘American Honey’ & ‘Under The Shadow’ Glow – Full…
- Disney Sets Industry Record At Domestic Box Office; Crosses $4B Intl For First Time
- ‘Jackie' Bows With Year's 5th Best PTA – Specialty Box Office