BREAKING: Universal Pictures has acquired the pitch for the romantic comedy No Hearts Club, with Ben Schwartz attached to write the screenplay. Brian Grazer will produce for Imagine Entertainment alongside executive producer Kim Roth; Universal director of development Maradith Frenkel will oversee for the studio. Schwartz — also an actor who co-stars on Showtime’s House Of Lies, recurs on NBC’s Parks And Recreation and just wrapped the feature Coffee Town – wrote the Soapdish remake El Fuego Caliente, which made the 2011 Black List and is now set up at Paramount. He also has written three comedic books. Schwartz is repped by WME and Tom Sawyer Entertainment.
Universal Buys Pitch For Ben Schwartz Romantic Comedy 'No Hearts Club'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- Netflix Gets Into French Originals Business With 'Marseille'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date