BREAKING: Universal Pictures has acquired the pitch for the romantic comedy No Hearts Club, with Ben Schwartz attached to write the screenplay. Brian Grazer will produce for Imagine Entertainment alongside executive producer Kim Roth; Universal director of development Maradith Frenkel will oversee for the studio. Schwartz — also an actor who co-stars on Showtime’s House Of Lies, recurs on NBC’s Parks And Recreation and just wrapped the feature Coffee Town — wrote the Soapdish remake El Fuego Caliente, which made the 2011 Black List and is now set up at Paramount. He also has written three comedic books. Schwartz is repped by WME and Tom Sawyer Entertainment.
Universal Buys Pitch For Ben Schwartz Romantic Comedy 'No Hearts Club'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest Film News
- Lauren Holly To Star In Indie ‘Ultra Low’; Mollee Gray Set For ‘The Favorite’
- 'The Predator' Cast Photo: Sterling K. Brown, Olivia Munn & More Get Ready To Hunt Aliens
- ‘King Arthur: Legend of the Sword’ Trailer: Charlie Hunnam & Jude Law Go To War
- Oscars Security 2017: The Donald Trump Factor
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank? – Monday Update
- First Sarah Jones Safety Grant Awarded On Third Year Mark Of Her Death