BREAKING: Universal Pictures has acquired the pitch for the romantic comedy No Hearts Club, with Ben Schwartz attached to write the screenplay. Brian Grazer will produce for Imagine Entertainment alongside executive producer Kim Roth; Universal director of development Maradith Frenkel will oversee for the studio. Schwartz — also an actor who co-stars on Showtime’s House Of Lies, recurs on NBC’s Parks And Recreation and just wrapped the feature Coffee Town — wrote the Soapdish remake El Fuego Caliente, which made the 2011 Black List and is now set up at Paramount. He also has written three comedic books. Schwartz is repped by WME and Tom Sawyer Entertainment.
Universal Buys Pitch For Ben Schwartz Romantic Comedy 'No Hearts Club'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Empire' Ratings Fall To Low As Dolly Parton Movie Wins In Viewers; 'Arrow' Hits Season Highs With Mega-Crossover
Latest Film News
- TWC/Dimension Moves Robert De Niro Comedy ‘War With Grandpa’ To October, Sets ‘Polaroid’ For Summer
- Exhibition Stocks Hammered Amid Growing Concerns About Premium VOD
- Oliver Stone Novel ‘A Child’s Night Dream’ Helmed By Sean Stone
- Amy Schumer Playing ‘Barbie’
- Christine Woods, ‘Suicide Squad’s Karen Fukuhara & More Join ‘Sleight’ Team’s ‘Stray…
- ‘Arrival’ Lands $100M+ At Global Box Office As Rollout, Awards Momentum Continue