EXCLUSIVE: TV Land has ordered 12 additional episodes of Happily Divorced, bringing the sophomore season of the sitcom starring Fran Drescher to 24 episodes. Season to date, Season 2 of Happily Divorced is averaging 1.5 million total viewers. The comedy opened its second season last month with 1.4 million viewers, down from 2.4 million viewers for its series premiere last summer. The first part of the show’s second season concludes on June 6. Based on Drescher’s real life, Happily Divorced stars The Nanny alumna as a woman who re-enters the dating world after finding out her husband is gay and juggles her relationship with her current boyfriend and ex-husband. Drescher and Peter Marc Jacobsen, who previously co-created together The Nanny, are the writers/executive producers.
TV Land Orders 12 More Episodes Of Fran Drescher Sitcom 'Happily Divorced'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate