The Little Film Company announced today that Toni Collette and Slumdog Millionaire’s Dev Patel have joined director Bill Bennett’s Defiant. Based on a true story, the thriller is set against the backdrop of a double honor killing in India. Patel will play Hari, a young man who is, along with his girlfriend, trying to escape vengeful parents who want to kill the lovers to stop them marrying. Collette will play Sally Lane, a journalist who in covering the story of the lovers is drawn into its dangers. Bennett and Australian-based Anupam Sharma are producing Defiant. The script is written by Bennett. Robbie Little’s Little Film Co is handling international sales and will debut the project to buyers in Cannes next month.
Toni Collette & Dev Patel Join 'Defiant' Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Theater Owners Trade Group Has “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas