Fox and IMAX announced today that Titanic 3D grossed a record $7 million on 64 IMAX screens in China, an opening-weekend record in the country for the company. The total surpasses the previous record-holder, Paramount’s Transformers: Dark Of The Moon, and bumps IMAX’s worldwide total for the rerelease of the James Cameron film to $15 million on 408 screens. On all screens, Titanic 3D grossed an estimated $74 million in China since opening April 10 there and $210 million globally. Overseas, it grossed $157 million through Sunday, including $98.9 million this past weekend, according to Box Office Mojo. Since its 3D rerelease, Titanic also surpassed $2 billion in worldwide gross; the 1997 original made a then-record $1.84 billion. It remains the second-highest-grossing movie in history behind Cameron’s Avatar.
'Titanic 3D' Sets IMAX Record In China
What's Hot on Deadline
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jumanji’ At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; ‘Maze Runner: Death Cure’ Debuts – International…
- 'Darkest Hour' Tops $41M, 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $30M, 'Call Me By Your Name' Expands – Specialty Box Office
- January Slows As ‘Jumanji’ Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M To $20M; Older Guy Pics ’12 Strong’ & ‘Den Of Thieves…
- ‘Paddington 2’ Sets Rotten Tomatoes Record As Best-Reviewed Movie Ever
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Sings Past Oscar Favorites, Everywhere But Here
- ‘Valerian’ Helps Propel 2017 French Film Exports After Dismal 2016: Unifrance