Fox and IMAX announced today that Titanic 3D grossed a record $7 million on 64 IMAX screens in China, an opening-weekend record in the country for the company. The total surpasses the previous record-holder, Paramount’s Transformers: Dark Of The Moon, and bumps IMAX’s worldwide total for the rerelease of the James Cameron film to $15 million on 408 screens. On all screens, Titanic 3D grossed an estimated $74 million in China since opening April 10 there and $210 million globally. Overseas, it grossed $157 million through Sunday, including $98.9 million this past weekend, according to Box Office Mojo. Since its 3D rerelease, Titanic also surpassed $2 billion in worldwide gross; the 1997 original made a then-record $1.84 billion. It remains the second-highest-grossing movie in history behind Cameron’s Avatar.
'Titanic 3D' Sets IMAX Record In China
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Black Panther’ Sprinting To $380M+ Stateside By Sunday; ‘Game Night’ Playing Between $16M-$18M
- ‘Black Panther’ Dashes Past $520M Worldwide, Eyes $170M+ In Second Global Weekend
- Cinemark Shares Rise On Strong Earnings Results
- Underprivileged Children Will Be Able To See ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ Free At AMC Theatres
- ‘Young Karl Marx’, 'November', 'The Lodgers,' & 'Are We Not Cats' Among Openers – Specialty…
- Saudi Arabia To Invest $64 Billion In Entertainment Sector