Fox and IMAX announced today that Titanic 3D grossed a record $7 million on 64 IMAX screens in China, an opening-weekend record in the country for the company. The total surpasses the previous record-holder, Paramount’s Transformers: Dark Of The Moon, and bumps IMAX’s worldwide total for the rerelease of the James Cameron film to $15 million on 408 screens. On all screens, Titanic 3D grossed an estimated $74 million in China since opening April 10 there and $210 million globally. Overseas, it grossed $157 million through Sunday, including $98.9 million this past weekend, according to Box Office Mojo. Since its 3D rerelease, Titanic also surpassed $2 billion in worldwide gross; the 1997 original made a then-record $1.84 billion. It remains the second-highest-grossing movie in history behind Cameron’s Avatar.
'Titanic 3D' Sets IMAX Record In China
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Doesn’t Create Waves At $26M+; ‘Black Panther’ Sets Marvel Record & Beats ‘Avengers…
- No. 5 ‘It’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Wes Anderson Returns With 'Isle Of Dogs'; Stanley Tucci Back With 'Final Portrait' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Frozen’ Review: Broadway Lets It Go With Full-Throated Adaptation
- ‘Annihilation’ Targets Spring Theatrical Release In China
- No. 6 ‘Wonder Woman’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament