The chief of the No. 2 cable company lost about $1M in non-equity incentives, but otherwise held steady vs 2010, according to Time Warner Cable’s proxy statement. The package: $1.3M salary, $3.2M stock awards, $4.2M option awards, $7.2M non-equity incentives, $111,910 change in pension value, and $439,456 in other compensation. The “other” category includes $339,779 for personal use of of the company aircraft. Time Warner Cable shares lost 2.8% of their value in 2011. Britt made nearly twice as much as COO Robert Marcus. But his $8.4M compensation was up 38.7% to reflect his additional title last year as company president and “the importance of retaining him in light of the Board of Directors’ long-term succession planning strategy.” Britt’s compensation was 3.8 times higher than the average for Time Warner Cable’s other top executives. Corporate governance watchdogs usually consider that to be lopsided, and a red flag for investors.
Time Warner Cable's Glenn Britt Made $16.4M In 2011, Down 5.7%
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Takes Viewers Down Donald Trump’s FBI Conspiracy Theory Rabbit Hole
- ‘Empire’s New Showrunner On Tonight’s Finale [Spoiler] Death & Season 5 “Reset”
- ‘9-1-1’: Ryan Guzman Joins Fox Drama As Firefighter
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Arrested Development’s Jessica Walter Alleges Jeffrey Tambor Verbally Harassed Her
- Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson & Archie Gips’ Unrealistic Ideas Taps Jonty Nash As Head Of Development