Mark Subias, one of the New York theatre community’s top literary representatives, has joined United Talent Agency as an agent in its New York office. Subias will focus on expanding UTA’s NYC theatre department while also representing clients across film and television. Subias is returning to being an agent and leaving his NYC-based management firm SUBIAS which he formed in 2004. Before that Subias was a New York theatre agent at the William Morris Agency which he joined in 1999, working for then-William Morris theatre agent George Lane. A prominent figure in the theatre community, Subias is also a regular guest lecturer at Yale School of Drama and other theatre programs. His clients in theatre, film and TV include writers and directors Adam Rapp, Will Eno, Bash Doran, Sarah Treem, Nick Jones, Itamar Moses, Anne Carson, Nathan Englander, Danai Gurira, Sam Gold, Pam MacKinnon, Daniel Aukin, David Wiener and Les Waters. Subias joins UTA’s expanding team of NY agents who include TV talent co-head Nancy Gates, talent agent Steven Fisher, alternative television agent Allison Wallach, licensing agent Paula Friedman and motion picture literary agent Melissa Wells.
Theatre Rep Mark Subias Joins UTA In NYC
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel' To Discuss Link Between NFL Head Injuries, Domestic Violence: Video
- Ellen DeGeneres Clocks Biggest Opening Week Yet For Her Daytime Talk Show
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz