Movie-ticketing service Fandango released results of its “Most Anticipated Summer Movie Survey” today, and the top pick among survey participants should be a relief for the folks at Walt Disney Studios: The Avengers. This echoes previous pre-release surveys that anticipate an opening in the neighborhood of $125 million for the tentpole movie that features an array of superheroes from the Marvel stable. Disney, still smarting from the failure of John Carter to connect with a wide audience, will be especially gratified that the Marvel Comics mash-up was a top choice of both men and women. In a survey of “thousands” of Fandango users (the company didn’t provide speicific metrics), 31% of men picked The Avengers, followed by The Dark Knight Rises (23%), The Bourne Legacy (14%), Men In Black III (8%) and Prometheus (7%). Women weren’t quite as excited about The Avengers, ranking it second with 16% behind the year’s second Snow White film, Snow White And The Huntsman (22%). The list of most anticipated films for women rounds out with Men In Black III (13%), The Dark Knight Rises (10%) and Dark Shadows (8%). Notably, actor Chris Hemsworth turns up in two films on the list: The Avengers, where he plays Thor, and Huntsman.
'The Avengers,' 'Snow White And The Huntsman' Top Must-See List: Fandango
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…