Movie-ticketing service Fandango released results of its “Most Anticipated Summer Movie Survey” today, and the top pick among survey participants should be a relief for the folks at Walt Disney Studios: The Avengers. This echoes previous pre-release surveys that anticipate an opening in the neighborhood of $125 million for the tentpole movie that features an array of superheroes from the Marvel stable. Disney, still smarting from the failure of John Carter to connect with a wide audience, will be especially gratified that the Marvel Comics mash-up was a top choice of both men and women. In a survey of “thousands” of Fandango users (the company didn’t provide speicific metrics), 31% of men picked The Avengers, followed by The Dark Knight Rises (23%), The Bourne Legacy (14%), Men In Black III (8%) and Prometheus (7%). Women weren’t quite as excited about The Avengers, ranking it second with 16% behind the year’s second Snow White film, Snow White And The Huntsman (22%). The list of most anticipated films for women rounds out with Men In Black III (13%), The Dark Knight Rises (10%) and Dark Shadows (8%). Notably, actor Chris Hemsworth turns up in two films on the list: The Avengers, where he plays Thor, and Huntsman.
'The Avengers,' 'Snow White And The Huntsman' Top Must-See List: Fandango
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV
- Disney Strikes Output Deal With Mediacom
- Former Legendary Digital Chief Launches Production Banner; Inks First-Look Deal With Legendary TV
- Open Road Sets 2015 Date For 'Rock The Kasbah'
- CBS Sets 'Madam Secretary' Encore On Its Premiere Night
- BAFTA Sets Key Dates, Timeline For 2015 Film Awards