Movie-ticketing service Fandango released results of its “Most Anticipated Summer Movie Survey” today, and the top pick among survey participants should be a relief for the folks at Walt Disney Studios: The Avengers. This echoes previous pre-release surveys that anticipate an opening in the neighborhood of $125 million for the tentpole movie that features an array of superheroes from the Marvel stable. Disney, still smarting from the failure of John Carter to connect with a wide audience, will be especially gratified that the Marvel Comics mash-up was a top choice of both men and women. In a survey of “thousands” of Fandango users (the company didn’t provide speicific metrics), 31% of men picked The Avengers, followed by The Dark Knight Rises (23%), The Bourne Legacy (14%), Men In Black III (8%) and Prometheus (7%). Women weren’t quite as excited about The Avengers, ranking it second with 16% behind the year’s second Snow White film, Snow White And The Huntsman (22%). The list of most anticipated films for women rounds out with Men In Black III (13%), The Dark Knight Rises (10%) and Dark Shadows (8%). Notably, actor Chris Hemsworth turns up in two films on the list: The Avengers, where he plays Thor, and Huntsman.
'The Avengers,' 'Snow White And The Huntsman' Top Must-See List: Fandango
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Hayao Miyazaki Comes Out Of Retirement For New Feature
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Jumps To $33.4M Opening – Monday AM Box Office Update
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can’t Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)