Desperate Housewives star Teri Hatcher has booked the first acting gig after the end of the ABC dramedy. Hatcher is staying within the ABC family with a recurring role on ABC Family’s Jane By Design. Hatcher will be playing the lead character Jane’s (Erica Dasher) long-lost mother for four episodes, the first of which will air on June 19. Hatcher also will make her directorial debut by directing an episode of Jane By Design, which returns to originals on June 5. Jane By Design follows Jane Quimby (Dasher), a quirky teen with an eclectic chic fashion sense, who lands a job at a hip fashion house when they mistake her for an adult, working for demanding, but talented creative director Gray Chandler Murray (Andie MacDowell). Hatcher is the latest Desperate housewife to line up a new gig. Vanessa Williams co-stars in the ABC drama pilot 666 Park Ave while Eva Longoria is executive producing Marc Cherry’s ABC pilot Devious Maids and a dating reality series for NBC. And Brenda Strong, who has been voicing Mary Alice Young on the show, co-stars in TNT’s upcoming Dallas reboot.
Teri Hatcher Joins ABC Family Series 'Jane By Design' As Recurring
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: “Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won’t Stand For Hate And Racism”
- ‘SNL’: Tina Fey Endorses Anti-Hate Cake; Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers Do Forefathers
- Barcelona Terrorist Attack: Police Thwart Second Plot After 13 Killed, 100+ Hurt In City – Update
- ‘For the People’ Creator Paul William Davies Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- ‘The Tick’ Review: Amazon’s First Superhero Series Works Best Weird
- ‘Shut Eye’ Casts Rowena King; Jeremy Bobb In ‘Escape At Dannemora’