Desperate Housewives star Teri Hatcher has booked the first acting gig after the end of the ABC dramedy. Hatcher is staying within the ABC family with a recurring role on ABC Family’s Jane By Design. Hatcher will be playing the lead character Jane’s (Erica Dasher) long-lost mother for four episodes, the first of which will air on June 19. Hatcher also will make her directorial debut by directing an episode of Jane By Design, which returns to originals on June 5. Jane By Design follows Jane Quimby (Dasher), a quirky teen with an eclectic chic fashion sense, who lands a job at a hip fashion house when they mistake her for an adult, working for demanding, but talented creative director Gray Chandler Murray (Andie MacDowell). Hatcher is the latest Desperate housewife to line up a new gig. Vanessa Williams co-stars in the ABC drama pilot 666 Park Ave while Eva Longoria is executive producing Marc Cherry’s ABC pilot Devious Maids and a dating reality series for NBC. And Brenda Strong, who has been voicing Mary Alice Young on the show, co-stars in TNT’s upcoming Dallas reboot.
Teri Hatcher Joins ABC Family Series 'Jane By Design' As Recurring
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Gemma Arterton To Play Marilyn Monroe In ‘Some Like It Hot’ Comedy
- BBC Launches Review To “Sweep Away” Barriers For Women At The Corporation
- Fusion Exposes Global Food Truths In Lightbox-Produced Doc Series
- Mam Tor, Bad Wolf & Ecosse Thrillers Top Inaugural Brit List: TV
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot