Desperate Housewives star Teri Hatcher has booked the first acting gig after the end of the ABC dramedy. Hatcher is staying within the ABC family with a recurring role on ABC Family’s Jane By Design. Hatcher will be playing the lead character Jane’s (Erica Dasher) long-lost mother for four episodes, the first of which will air on June 19. Hatcher also will make her directorial debut by directing an episode of Jane By Design, which returns to originals on June 5. Jane By Design follows Jane Quimby (Dasher), a quirky teen with an eclectic chic fashion sense, who lands a job at a hip fashion house when they mistake her for an adult, working for demanding, but talented creative director Gray Chandler Murray (Andie MacDowell). Hatcher is the latest Desperate housewife to line up a new gig. Vanessa Williams co-stars in the ABC drama pilot 666 Park Ave while Eva Longoria is executive producing Marc Cherry’s ABC pilot Devious Maids and a dating reality series for NBC. And Brenda Strong, who has been voicing Mary Alice Young on the show, co-stars in TNT’s upcoming Dallas reboot.
Teri Hatcher Joins ABC Family Series 'Jane By Design' As Recurring
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios