Desperate Housewives star Teri Hatcher has booked the first acting gig after the end of the ABC dramedy. Hatcher is staying within the ABC family with a recurring role on ABC Family’s Jane By Design. Hatcher will be playing the lead character Jane’s (Erica Dasher) long-lost mother for four episodes, the first of which will air on June 19. Hatcher also will make her directorial debut by directing an episode of Jane By Design, which returns to originals on June 5. Jane By Design follows Jane Quimby (Dasher), a quirky teen with an eclectic chic fashion sense, who lands a job at a hip fashion house when they mistake her for an adult, working for demanding, but talented creative director Gray Chandler Murray (Andie MacDowell). Hatcher is the latest Desperate housewife to line up a new gig. Vanessa Williams co-stars in the ABC drama pilot 666 Park Ave while Eva Longoria is executive producing Marc Cherry’s ABC pilot Devious Maids and a dating reality series for NBC. And Brenda Strong, who has been voicing Mary Alice Young on the show, co-stars in TNT’s upcoming Dallas reboot.
Teri Hatcher Joins ABC Family Series 'Jane By Design' As Recurring
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'