Resident UK renaissance man Stephen Fry is returning to British drama in the adaptation of Ian Rankin’s Doors Open. The ITV-commissioned 2-hour film is produced by Fry’s Sprout Pictures. He’ll star with Scottish actor Dougie Henshall in the art heist project. The story follows a self-made millionaire, an art professor and a banker who undertake a scheme to swap a priceless Edinburgh art collection with forgeries and make off with the goods. Fry is playing the professor, Henshall is the millionaire. Further cast will be announced soon. James Mavor and Sandi Toksvig adapted the book. Marc Evans (Collision, Hunky Dory) is directing, Jon Finn (Billy Elliot) is producing and executive producers are Sprout’s Gina Carter, Fry and Toksvig. Shooting starts on April 23 in Scotland.
Stephen Fry To Star In, Produce Art Heist Picture 'Doors Open' For ITV
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
California Wildfires Spread: Thomas Fire Mandates Santa Barbara Evacs, Threatens Montecito Celebrity Homes
Latest TV News
- Sam Rockwell To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In January
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin Ends War On Christmas As Omarosa Begs Forgiveness
- Gretchen Carlson To Former Fox Colleague Bill O’Reilly: “Who Are U Fooling?”
- XFL Return Rumored As WWE Head Vince McMahon Forms New Investment Venture
- ‘SNL’ Cast Member Pete Davidson Shows Off Hillary Clinton Tattoo
- Agent Olivia Metzger Leaving CAA; Clients Include Jeff Glor, Hoda Kotb: Report