Resident UK renaissance man Stephen Fry is returning to British drama in the adaptation of Ian Rankin’s Doors Open. The ITV-commissioned 2-hour film is produced by Fry’s Sprout Pictures. He’ll star with Scottish actor Dougie Henshall in the art heist project. The story follows a self-made millionaire, an art professor and a banker who undertake a scheme to swap a priceless Edinburgh art collection with forgeries and make off with the goods. Fry is playing the professor, Henshall is the millionaire. Further cast will be announced soon. James Mavor and Sandi Toksvig adapted the book. Marc Evans (Collision, Hunky Dory) is directing, Jon Finn (Billy Elliot) is producing and executive producers are Sprout’s Gina Carter, Fry and Toksvig. Shooting starts on April 23 in Scotland.
Stephen Fry To Star In, Produce Art Heist Picture 'Doors Open' For ITV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Tartaglione
- Hot TV Trailer: 'Downton Abbey' Season 5; UK Premiere Set For September 21
- Venice: Al Pacino Waxes On Depression, The Actors Studio & The “Amazing” 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'
- Venice: '99 Homes' Takes On The 1% With Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon (Video)
- Global Showbiz Briefs: DreamWorks Signs 4- Series Deal With South Korea's Studio Mir; Veteran Aussie Actor Bill Kerr Dies; More
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More