Starz’s original series Boss will premiere its second season on Friday, August 17. Boss stars Kelsey Grammer in his Golden Globe-winning role as Chicago Mayor Tom Kane and co-stars Connie Nielsen, Hannah Ware, Jeff Hephner, Kathleen Robertson, Troy Garity and Rotimi. New addition to the Lionsgate TV-produced show for Season 2 are series regulars Jonathan Groff (Glee) as Ian Todd, a smart and ambitious young advisor to Kane, and Sanaa Lathan (Nip/Tuck), Alderman Ross’ strong-willed and politically savvy Chief of Staff. Rapper T.I. will recur as Trey, a former gangbanger with designs on a career in City Hall. Additional guest stars include Amy Morton as State Senator Catherine Walsh, who has been defeated in her bid for Governor three times but is now determined to win. Behind the scenes, Dee Johnson has joined as executive producer alongside series creator Farhad Safinia, Kelsey Grammer, Gus Van Sant, Brian Sher and Stella Bulochnikov.
Starz Sets Return Date For Drama 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Foo To Play Detective Lee In ‘Rush Hour’ CBS Pilot
- Mike Epps To Topline ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Uncle Buck’
- Eddie Izzard, Two Others Cast In HBO Pilot ‘The Devil You Know’ From Jenji Kohan
- Dreama Walker Cast In CBS Pilot ‘Doubt’
- TruTV Orders 'Those Who Can't' As First Scripted Comedy Series
- ‘Garfunkel & Oates’ Cancelled By IFC After One Season