After UFC moved its reality series The Ultimate Fighter from Spike TV to FX earlier this year, Spike is teaming with its new mixed martial arts league partner, the emerging Bellator Fighting Championships, for a new unscripted series. Spike and Bellator, which is set to move to Spike next year, have tapped Bertram van Munster, co-creator/executive producer of CBS’ Emmy-winning The Amazing Race, to create a new reality series showcasing the Bellator fighters. The hourlong show will premiere in 2013. “Some of the most physically-gifted and fascinating athletes in the world fight in Bellator, and I believe they make ideal subjects for an innovative new non-scripted series,” said van Munster, who will executive produce the series with his wife and fellow Amazing Race co-creator/executive producer Elise Doganieri. Spike already launched MMA-themed programming in the wake of Ultimate Fighter‘s departure, a new Ultimate Fighter Fridays block hosted by Kimbo Slice. Spike also has MMA Uncensored Live on Thursdays.
Spike TV Teams With 'Amazing Race' Executive Producer For MMA Reality Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd