After UFC moved its reality series The Ultimate Fighter from Spike TV to FX earlier this year, Spike is teaming with its new mixed martial arts league partner, the emerging Bellator Fighting Championships, for a new unscripted series. Spike and Bellator, which is set to move to Spike next year, have tapped Bertram van Munster, co-creator/executive producer of CBS’ Emmy-winning The Amazing Race, to create a new reality series showcasing the Bellator fighters. The hourlong show will premiere in 2013. “Some of the most physically-gifted and fascinating athletes in the world fight in Bellator, and I believe they make ideal subjects for an innovative new non-scripted series,” said van Munster, who will executive produce the series with his wife and fellow Amazing Race co-creator/executive producer Elise Doganieri. Spike already launched MMA-themed programming in the wake of Ultimate Fighter‘s departure, a new Ultimate Fighter Fridays block hosted by Kimbo Slice. Spike also has MMA Uncensored Live on Thursdays.
Spike TV Teams With 'Amazing Race' Executive Producer For MMA Reality Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate