Spike TV and TNA Entertainment have extended their strategic partnership that bolsters Spike TV’s position as the exclusive U.S. television home of the sports-wrestling content provider. Spike president Kevin Kan and TNA president Dixie Carter announced the deal extension today. TNA wrestling debuted on Spike TV in July 2005. Ratings for TNA flagship Impact Wrestling have grown from an average of 700,000 viewers at launch to nearly 2 million, which makes it one of Spike’s top-rated shows and a Thursday timeslot favorite among men 18-34. Impact Wrestling‘s roster includes Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Booby Roode, Sting, James Storm, Rob Van Dam as well as the Knockouts.
Spike TV Extends Deal With TNA, 'Impact Wrestling'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Names Darrell Hammond As New Announcer
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star