Sparkle looks like it has a lot going for it. It also happens to be the movie Whitney Houston finished before she died. She plays the mother of a trio of singing sisters destined for stardom during the Motown era. Title character is played by Jordin Sparks, and her sisters by Carmen Ejogo and Tika Sumpter. Derek Luke, Mike Epps, Omari Hardwick and Cee-lo Green also star in the project directed by Salim Akil and written by Mara Brock Akil from a story by Nicholas August and Howard Rosenman. The TriStar release is slated to open August 17.
Hot Trailer: 'Sparkle'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend - Sat. PM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend – Sat. PM Update
- Hillary Clinton Makes Surprise Appearance During Kathryn Bigelow's VR Tribeca Panel
- Alejandro González Iñárritu: Music Is "Highest Expression" – Tribeca
- ‘Gilbert’ Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: “This Could Be What Hell Is”…
- ‘Hounds Of Love’ Stars On A “Bloody Hard” Shoot And Horrifying “Theater Of The Mind” — Tribeca…
- Universal Moves ‘American Made’, Away From Fox’s ‘Kingsman’