Sony has won a three-way bidding war for action-comedy spec El Tigre by first-time screenwriters Aaron Buchsbaum and Teddy Riley. Sale was for mid-six figures after bidding among Sony, Paramount and MGM. Mosaic is producing the project about a family vacation gone horribly awry when the father is mistaken for the most ruthless drug lord in Mexico, El Tigre. The scribes have industry day jobs. Riley works for Justin Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun; Buchsbaum works for director Shawn Levy. Scribes are represented by Paradigm’s Mark Ross and Ida Ziniti and attorney Jeff Frankel. They’re managed by Michael Lasker of Mosaic.
Sony Buys Action-Comedy Spec 'El Tigre'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Billy Crystal To Deliver Tribute To Robin Williams At Emmy Awards
- 'Resident Evil 6′ Production Pushed To 2015
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV
- Disney Strikes Output Deal With Mediacom
- Former Legendary Digital Chief Launches Production Banner; Inks First-Look Deal With Legendary TV