EXCLUSIVE: The crime drama Hotel Noir, written and directed by Snakes On A Plane and Gothika scribe Sebastian Gutierrez, has wrapped in time for international buyers to take a look next month at the Cannes Film Festival & Market. Rufus Sewell, Danny DeVito, Carla Gugino, Rosario Dawson, Malin Akerman and Robert Forster star in the movie produced by Shangri-La Entertainment’s Steve Bing and Zach Schwartz as well as Gutiérrez. The story is set in 1950s Los Angeles and revolves around a detective holed up in a downtown hotel waiting for assassins to kill him. As a long night turns to day he meets various characters with haunted pasts of their own, and the truth of how he ended up in his nightmare situation is revealed. Gutierrez was in comfortable surroundings on the set — he worked with DeVito, Gugino and Dawson on his 2011 movie Girl Walks Into A Bar, dubbed the first major feature film to be distributed solely online. He had worked with Gugino and Forster on the short-lived 2003 ABC series Karen Sisco, which was produced by DeVito’s Jersey Television. Colleen Seldin of Locomotive Entertainment Group is repping Hotel Noir at Cannes.
Sebastian Gutierrez-Helmed 'Hotel Noir' Taking Reservations At Cannes Market
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Bart & Fleming: As Daniel Day-Lewis Exits, Who Wears Greatest Living Actor Crown?
- Kenya Barris To Write Russell Simmons Biopic For Fox, ‘Life And Def: Sex Drugs Money + God’
- ‘Destined’ Destined For Fall Release Via XLrator; Uncork’d Acquires ‘Almost Amazing’
- Court Frees Steven Mnuchin From Relativity Media-Related Fraud Case
- Film Academy Invites Record 774 New Members, From Gal Gadot To Betty White
- BFI Teams With EON & Lucasfilm To Launch $25.5M Plan To Support Future Film Skills In UK