Ryan Seacrest’s “big NBC announcement” will wait until Wednesday. Seacrest, who had been finalizing a new broad agreement with NBCUniversal, was scheduled to appear on NBC’s Today show tomorrow morning for a major NBC-related announcement, as tweeted by the show’s executive producer Jim Bell on Sunday night. But tonight, Seacrest tweeted that his visit to the NBC morning show is being postponed for health reasons. “I’m feeling a little pain from elbow surgery, doctors says no travel for a day, so see you on the Today show Wednesday am,” he wrote. The delay will make for a very hectic Wednesday schedule for Seacrest who will have to be back in Los Angeles to host Fox’s American Idol performance show later that day. Seacrest has been under deals at Comcast’s E! since 2006. His new pact is expected to have a major NBC component, including some duties on Today, though not full-time (at least not for now), and a role in the network’s coverage of the upcoming London Olympics.
Ryan Seacrest's 'Today' Appearence Pushed By A Day
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”
- For ‘Limitless,’ ‘Rosewood’ And Other New Shows, Is 15 Minutes All It Takes To Win?
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- ‘Quantico’ Gets 2nd Encore After Strong L3 Ratings, ‘Beyond the Tank’ Pushed