Ryan Seacrest’s “big NBC announcement” will wait until Wednesday. Seacrest, who had been finalizing a new broad agreement with NBCUniversal, was scheduled to appear on NBC’s Today show tomorrow morning for a major NBC-related announcement, as tweeted by the show’s executive producer Jim Bell on Sunday night. But tonight, Seacrest tweeted that his visit to the NBC morning show is being postponed for health reasons. “I’m feeling a little pain from elbow surgery, doctors says no travel for a day, so see you on the Today show Wednesday am,” he wrote. The delay will make for a very hectic Wednesday schedule for Seacrest who will have to be back in Los Angeles to host Fox’s American Idol performance show later that day. Seacrest has been under deals at Comcast’s E! since 2006. His new pact is expected to have a major NBC component, including some duties on Today, though not full-time (at least not for now), and a role in the network’s coverage of the upcoming London Olympics.
Ryan Seacrest's 'Today' Appearence Pushed By A Day
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks