Ryan Seacrest’s “big NBC announcement” will wait until Wednesday. Seacrest, who had been finalizing a new broad agreement with NBCUniversal, was scheduled to appear on NBC’s Today show tomorrow morning for a major NBC-related announcement, as tweeted by the show’s executive producer Jim Bell on Sunday night. But tonight, Seacrest tweeted that his visit to the NBC morning show is being postponed for health reasons. “I’m feeling a little pain from elbow surgery, doctors says no travel for a day, so see you on the Today show Wednesday am,” he wrote. The delay will make for a very hectic Wednesday schedule for Seacrest who will have to be back in Los Angeles to host Fox’s American Idol performance show later that day. Seacrest has been under deals at Comcast’s E! since 2006. His new pact is expected to have a major NBC component, including some duties on Today, though not full-time (at least not for now), and a role in the network’s coverage of the upcoming London Olympics.
Ryan Seacrest's 'Today' Appearence Pushed By A Day
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- Univision Pulls Ads; Owner Of Orlando Pulse Club, Mothers, Victims, GLADD Press The Network To Stop “Blood Bath”
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night
- ‘Doctor Who’ Trailer Teases Return Of “Most Dangerous Man In The Universe”
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists