Ryan Seacrest’s “big NBC announcement” will wait until Wednesday. Seacrest, who had been finalizing a new broad agreement with NBCUniversal, was scheduled to appear on NBC’s Today show tomorrow morning for a major NBC-related announcement, as tweeted by the show’s executive producer Jim Bell on Sunday night. But tonight, Seacrest tweeted that his visit to the NBC morning show is being postponed for health reasons. “I’m feeling a little pain from elbow surgery, doctors says no travel for a day, so see you on the Today show Wednesday am,” he wrote. The delay will make for a very hectic Wednesday schedule for Seacrest who will have to be back in Los Angeles to host Fox’s American Idol performance show later that day. Seacrest has been under deals at Comcast’s E! since 2006. His new pact is expected to have a major NBC component, including some duties on Today, though not full-time (at least not for now), and a role in the network’s coverage of the upcoming London Olympics.
Ryan Seacrest's 'Today' Appearence Pushed By A Day
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA