“The plan is for me to join the NBC family and continue to have a role at the E! network” where he anchors E! News, Ryan Seacrest told Today host Matt Lauer this morning. (Comcast controls NBCUniversal as well as E!.) The Olympics assignment is “something I’ve been looking forward to.” As for rumors that Seacrest might replace Lauer on the morning show, Seacrest said “I don’t know. I see you doing this for as long as you want to.” Lauer added that Seacrest “would be great at this job….There is no tension here.” No details about the Idol agreement, extending his contract which expires after this season. “I’ll have an official announcement very soon.” In addition to his work with NBC, E! and Idol, Seacrest hosts a daily morning radio show for Clear Channel. Seacrest was originally scheduled to appear yesterday on Today but said that he had elbow surgery after tearing a tendon.
Ryan Seacrest Will Help Host London Olympics For NBC, And Stay With 'Idol'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive
- 'The Expanse' Picked Up By Amazon For Season 4 After Syfy Cancellation
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Caitlin Carmichael Scores Lead In BYUtv’s ‘Dwight In Shining Armor’
- ‘Lucifer’: Sneak Peek At Canceled Fox Series’ 2 Bonus Episodes Airing Monday