“The plan is for me to join the NBC family and continue to have a role at the E! network” where he anchors E! News, Ryan Seacrest told Today host Matt Lauer this morning. (Comcast controls NBCUniversal as well as E!.) The Olympics assignment is “something I’ve been looking forward to.” As for rumors that Seacrest might replace Lauer on the morning show, Seacrest said “I don’t know. I see you doing this for as long as you want to.” Lauer added that Seacrest “would be great at this job….There is no tension here.” No details about the Idol agreement, extending his contract which expires after this season. “I’ll have an official announcement very soon.” In addition to his work with NBC, E! and Idol, Seacrest hosts a daily morning radio show for Clear Channel. Seacrest was originally scheduled to appear yesterday on Today but said that he had elbow surgery after tearing a tendon.
Ryan Seacrest Will Help Host London Olympics For NBC, And Stay With 'Idol'
What's Hot on Deadline
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Discovery Q1 Results In-Line With Expectations Helped By U.S. Ad Sales
- ‘Spotlight’ Takes Top Honors & ‘The Jungle Book’ Wins Big At 17th Golden Trailer Awards
- Nicolas Billon Signs With The Alpern Group; Rizwan Manji Inks At Abrams Artists Agency
- Emmys: ‘Family Guy’ Takes On Donald Trump In Mailer
- Discovery Launches Cost-Cutting Effort With Buyouts And Possible Layoffs
- Lester Holt Anchors ‘NBC Nightly News’ From Trump Tower; Twitter Disapproves