“The plan is for me to join the NBC family and continue to have a role at the E! network” where he anchors E! News, Ryan Seacrest told Today host Matt Lauer this morning. (Comcast controls NBCUniversal as well as E!.) The Olympics assignment is “something I’ve been looking forward to.” As for rumors that Seacrest might replace Lauer on the morning show, Seacrest said “I don’t know. I see you doing this for as long as you want to.” Lauer added that Seacrest “would be great at this job….There is no tension here.” No details about the Idol agreement, extending his contract which expires after this season. “I’ll have an official announcement very soon.” In addition to his work with NBC, E! and Idol, Seacrest hosts a daily morning radio show for Clear Channel. Seacrest was originally scheduled to appear yesterday on Today but said that he had elbow surgery after tearing a tendon.
Ryan Seacrest Will Help Host London Olympics For NBC, And Stay With 'Idol'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest TV News
- Trailer For J.K. Rowling’s ‘The Casual Vacancy’ On HBO
- NCAA Tournament Ratings Jump From First Friday, ‘Hart Of Dixie’ Finale Even
- DVR Gains Raise Renewal Prospects For Sunday Newbies ‘Secrets & Lies’ & ‘Last Man On Earth’, Justify ‘Royals…
- Bill Maher To PC Liberals: “Shut Up”
- Trevor Noah’s Fast Track To Replace Jon Stewart On ‘The Daily Show’
- ‘Furious 7′ Stars Take Over ‘Kimmel’ Next Week; NBC Late-Nighters Slim On Guests From Universal Pic