The Leveson Inquiry into UK media ethics has released its provisional witness list for next week and, lo and behold, there are the Murdochs. James Murdoch is scheduled to appear on Tuesday. Rupert is listed as appearing on both Wednesday and Thursday. The inquiry cautions the list is subject to change and that other witnesses may be added. Interestingly both James and Rupert look to be appearing as the sole witness on each of their days. Generally, the inquiry has heard testimony from several people in each session. The sessions run from 10 AM to 4:30 PM, meaning the Murdochs are facing long days ahead. The Leveson Inquiry began last year, spurred on by allegations of phone hacking and bribery at News Corp-controlled newspapers in the UK. The two Murdochs appeared together before a Parliamentary committee in July.
Rupert & James Murdoch To Give Evidence In UK Media Ethics Review Next Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2