The Leveson Inquiry into UK media ethics has released its provisional witness list for next week and, lo and behold, there are the Murdochs. James Murdoch is scheduled to appear on Tuesday. Rupert is listed as appearing on both Wednesday and Thursday. The inquiry cautions the list is subject to change and that other witnesses may be added. Interestingly both James and Rupert look to be appearing as the sole witness on each of their days. Generally, the inquiry has heard testimony from several people in each session. The sessions run from 10 AM to 4:30 PM, meaning the Murdochs are facing long days ahead. The Leveson Inquiry began last year, spurred on by allegations of phone hacking and bribery at News Corp-controlled newspapers in the UK. The two Murdochs appeared together before a Parliamentary committee in July.
Rupert & James Murdoch To Give Evidence In UK Media Ethics Review Next Week
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward