The Leveson Inquiry into UK media ethics has released its provisional witness list for next week and, lo and behold, there are the Murdochs. James Murdoch is scheduled to appear on Tuesday. Rupert is listed as appearing on both Wednesday and Thursday. The inquiry cautions the list is subject to change and that other witnesses may be added. Interestingly both James and Rupert look to be appearing as the sole witness on each of their days. Generally, the inquiry has heard testimony from several people in each session. The sessions run from 10 AM to 4:30 PM, meaning the Murdochs are facing long days ahead. The Leveson Inquiry began last year, spurred on by allegations of phone hacking and bribery at News Corp-controlled newspapers in the UK. The two Murdochs appeared together before a Parliamentary committee in July.
Rupert & James Murdoch To Give Evidence In UK Media Ethics Review Next Week
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Tartaglione
- North Korea Slams Berlin Fest Over ‘The Interview’ – But Film Isn’t Part Of Lineup
- Simon West To Helm ‘The Blob’ Remake; Goldcrest Selling At EFM – Berlin
- ‘Wolf Hall’ Debut Sets 10-Year Record For BBC2; Critics Howl With Praise – Video
- Bohemia Group Invades New Zealand; ‘Timbuktu’ To Screen In Paris Suburb After All
- ‘Frankenstein Chronicles’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actors & More To Join Sean Bean
- Russia To Control Film Release Dates; Will Hollywood Feel A Push?