Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and the rest of the DC Comics universe is receiving the Robot Chicken treatment this fall, with a special announced today set for Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim block. The stop-motion sketch comedy show will do to DC’s superheroes what it did with George Lucas with its cult-hit Star Wars specials, which garnered three Emmy noms. This time around, the voice cast includes Robot co-creator Seth Green as Batman, Robin and Aquaman; Paul Reubens as The Riddler; Neil Patrick Harris as Two-Face; Alfred Molina as Lex Luthor; Nathan Fillion as the Green Lantern; Megan Fox as Lois Lane; and Breckin Meyer as Superman. “Having been raised on DC Comics and the Super Friends vs. Legion of Doom, it’s exciting to tell a whole Robot Chicken story within this awesome universe,” Green said. Added Robot co-creator Matthew Senreich: “We’ve been working with (DC Entertainment chief creative officer) Geoff Johns for over 15 years, so playing together on this special only made it more fun to work in the worlds we all love so dearly.” The special came about thanks to a deal between Robot producer Stoopid Buddy Stoodios and DC Entertainment and Warner Bros Animation. It’s Stoopid Buddy’s first new project since the animation studio was formed in December.
'Robot Chicken' Guys Ready To Skewer DC Comics Superheroes For New Special
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Summit Marketing Exec Jack Pan Moves To Robert Simonds' Studio
- 'Walking Dead' Producer Among Four Joining AMPAS Sci-Tech Council
- ABC 'World News Tonight' Wins Premiere Week In News Demo; NBC Nightly News Wins With Total Viewers
- Kenny Smith Family Reality Series Joins TBS Starting Lineup
- 'Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown' Ratings: CNN Season Premiere Down With 538,000 Viewers
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'