EXCLUSIVE: The remaking of Rob Schneider as comic leading man continues! After scoring in the CBS sitcom Rob, Schneider’s teaming with Terminator and The Walking Dead producer Gale Anne Hurd on the feature comedy vehicle Teach Me to Dance. He’ll star and she’ll produce and the film has a script by Patricia Azarcoya Schneider and Marion Douglas, based on an idea by Azarcoya Schneider (the producer of Mexican TV shows is Rob’s wife). The comedy is about a man who schemes to win back his ex-girlfriend by learning how to dance. Schneider, who regularly shows up in Adam Sandler movies in quirky roles, of course played the iconic man-whore Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, a funny sleeper hit that Schneider wrote. The R-rated sequel, European Gigolo, didn’t fare nearly as well, but was still pretty funny. Gersh reps Schneider and the writers.
Rob Schneider Tangos With Gale Anne Hurd In 'Teach Me How To Dance'
What's Hot on Deadline
Allison Shearmur Funeral Service Set For Monday: Pals Pay Tribute To Late Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV
Latest Film News
- PGA Awards: ‘The Shape Of Water’ Wins Outstanding Producer; ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Tops…
- Ava DuVernay Says Diversity Is An “Absolute Must” In Industry; Remembers Allison Shearmur – PGA Awards
- Charles Roven: A Q&A With The PGA’s David O. Selznick Honoree Reveals When He Knew He Really Made It In Hollywood
- Jordan Peele Says It Feels Like “We’re In The Sunken Place” Right Now – PGA Awards
- Deadline And Women In Film’s ‘The Road To 50/50’ Panel – Sundance Livestream
- Exclusive First Look At Hot Sundance Sales Title ‘Burden’