The stock market may be up but CNBC‘s ratings are way down. The problem is not just that CNBC viewership levels are slumping essentially across-the-board. The New York Daily News obtained Nielsen numbers showing the network’s core business programming, which airs from 6 AM to 8 PM, is down 10% in total viewers and 6% in adults 25-54 from April to April. And hard hit are marquee shows Squawk Box and Closing Bell, which are in their 4rd straight quarter of declines. According to these same Nielsen ratings obtained by the New York Daily News, from April 2011 to April 2012 Squawk Box is down 16% in total viewers and 29% in the all-important 25-54 demos. Last Tuesday, the show drew its lowest numbers of the year in total viewers — 99,000. CNBC last Friday announced the hiring of Cavuto executive producer Gary Schreier from rival Fox Business Network to helm Closing Bell which from April 2011 to April 2012 is down 16% in total viewers and 11% in the 25-54 demographic. Explanation for the problems? NYDN claims it’s more competition and less buzz from MVPs Maria Bartiromo and Andrew Ross Sorkin.
Ratings Way Down For CNBC's Marquee Shows And Stars: NY Daily News
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Showrunner On Tonight’s Death Of Carl, Lauren Cohan’s Future + More ‘Fear…
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago