The stock market may be up but CNBC‘s ratings are way down. The problem is not just that CNBC viewership levels are slumping essentially across-the-board. The New York Daily News obtained Nielsen numbers showing the network’s core business programming, which airs from 6 AM to 8 PM, is down 10% in total viewers and 6% in adults 25-54 from April to April. And hard hit are marquee shows Squawk Box and Closing Bell, which are in their 4rd straight quarter of declines. According to these same Nielsen ratings obtained by the New York Daily News, from April 2011 to April 2012 Squawk Box is down 16% in total viewers and 29% in the all-important 25-54 demos. Last Tuesday, the show drew its lowest numbers of the year in total viewers — 99,000. CNBC last Friday announced the hiring of Cavuto executive producer Gary Schreier from rival Fox Business Network to helm Closing Bell which from April 2011 to April 2012 is down 16% in total viewers and 11% in the 25-54 demographic. Explanation for the problems? NYDN claims it’s more competition and less buzz from MVPs Maria Bartiromo and Andrew Ross Sorkin.
Ratings Way Down For CNBC's Marquee Shows And Stars: NY Daily News
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest TV News
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’ Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series…
- ‘Vikings’ Gets Trailer & Season Premiere Date – Comic-Con
- Crime Experts On Bellum Entertainment Shows Halt Work Until Back Wages Are Paid
- Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy ‘Saturday Night Live’ Parody “Funny”; Sean Hannity Reminds Him…
- ‘Iron Fist’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix – Comic-Con
- ‘The Punisher’ Drops New Teaser In Hall H – Comic-Con