Ratings for Starz’s new period drama Magic City are still low, but they are moving in the right direction. In its second week, the period drama drew 370,000 total viewers in its premiere airing at 10 PM on Friday. That was up 25% from the series’ official debut the previous Friday. For the night, Magic City’s second episode averaged 556,000 viewers over two airings in Live+Same Day, up 31%. This was Episode 2’s first run on Starz (the pilot episode had been previewed behind the season finale of Spartacus before its official premiere) but, along with Episodes 1 and 3, it has been available for free sampling through cable and satellite providers. Starz estimates that the first episode has received 3.5 million views to date. Episode 2’s current tally is 1.75 million.
Starz's 'Magic City' Ratings Up In Week 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book