Ratings for Starz’s new period drama Magic City are still low, but they are moving in the right direction. In its second week, the period drama drew 370,000 total viewers in its premiere airing at 10 PM on Friday. That was up 25% from the series’ official debut the previous Friday. For the night, Magic City’s second episode averaged 556,000 viewers over two airings in Live+Same Day, up 31%. This was Episode 2’s first run on Starz (the pilot episode had been previewed behind the season finale of Spartacus before its official premiere) but, along with Episodes 1 and 3, it has been available for free sampling through cable and satellite providers. Starz estimates that the first episode has received 3.5 million views to date. Episode 2’s current tally is 1.75 million.
Starz's 'Magic City' Ratings Up In Week 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest TV News
- Cheryl Boone Isaacs To Receive Pioneer Award At CinemaCon
- ‘The Leftovers’: Series-Ending Third Season Set For Spring Premiere
- Longtime UTA Communications Head Chris Day Exiting
- ‘This Is Us’ Casts Adam Bartley As Recurring
- ‘Greenleaf’: Rick Fox Set To Recur In Season 2
- ‘Hunted’ Trailer: First Look At CBS’ Manhunt Competition Series