EXCLUSIVE: The original Karate Kid himself, Ralph Macchio, has signed on to Hitchcock And The Making Of Psycho. Macchio will play Psycho screenwriter Joe Stefano. Anthony Hopkins plays Hitchcock, Helen Mirren plays Alma Reville, Scarlett Johansson plays Janet Leigh, and Jessica Biehl plays Vera Miles. The Sacha Gervasi-directed adaptation of the Stephen Rebello book is just getting underway through Montecito Picture Co and Fox Searchlight. Macchio just completed a role in Happily Divorced.
Ralph Macchio Plays 'Psycho' Scribe Joe Stefano In 'Hitchcock'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Universal Reuniting Matt Damon & Paul Greengrass For Another Jason Bourne Film
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War
- What Was I Thinking? IFC President Jonathan Sehring On Funding 'Boyhood' For 12 Years
- Ashley Judd & Demian Bichir Join Voltage's 'Good Kids'
- Toronto: Magnolia, CNN Films Buys 'Sunshine Superman'
- Toronto: Second Jennifer Aniston Pic Catches Buzz North Of The Border