Longtime producer, publicist and father of two high-ranking entertainment industry executives Edward Harbert II died of natural causes Sunday in Los Angeles. He was 88. Harbert, father of NBC Broadcasting Chairman Ted Harbert and CAA agent Chris Harbert, had a long career that ranged from handling publicity for MGM films starring Elizabeth Taylor and others, producing talent segments for The Tonight Show in its early years and as executive producer of the New York Times’ NYT Productions. He also served stints at the Kenyon & Eckhardt advertising agency and was a producer for Professional Gold Association broadcasts throughout the ’70s. His burial will be at Holy Cross Cemetary in Los Angeles.
R.I.P. Edward Harbert II
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'