EXCLUSIVE: Sundance Channel has assembled most of the regular cast of its first hourlong scripted series, legal drama Rectify. Abigail Spencer, Clayne Crawford, Adelaide Clements, Jonah Lotan and J. Smith Cameron are set to co-star in the six-episode series, written by Ray McKinnon and executive produced by Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein. Rectify centers on Daniel Holden who, after 19 years in prison, is released from Death Row when he is exonerated for rape and murder by DNA evidence. He returns to his hometown where he must readjust to his new life, including unfamiliar family members and surroundings. Cameron will play Daniel’s mother. Spencer will play his sister. Crawford will play his step-brother Ted. Clements will play Ted’s wife. Lotan will play Daniel’s lawyer, who works for the non-profit Justice Row. Spencer, repped by ICM and Untitled, will next be seen in Of Men And Mavericks and The Haunting In Georgia. Crawford, repped by APA, is recurring on FX’s Justified and will next be seen in the feature Baytown Disco.
Quintet Of Actors Cast In Sundance Channel's Drama Series 'Rectify'
What's Hot on Deadline
Good Universe Lands Uber Sex Harassment Whistleblower Susan Fowler Pic; 'Hidden Figures' Allison Schroeder Scripting
'Suburbicon' Review: George Clooney, Coen Brothers & Matt Damon Seem Like A Dream Team, But The Results Disappoint
Latest TV News
- Wizard World To Launch SVOD Service In China For English-Language Content
- Tinopolis Regains Full Ownership Of Group, Buys Out Vitruvian Stake
- ‘The Little Prince’, ‘Moana’, ‘Sing’ & ‘Kubo’ Snag BAFTA Children’s Nominations; Lionsgate Names India Head – Global…
- Trevor Noah “Applauds” Fox News For Reporting On Sexual Predators Not In Building
- Stephen Colbert Ponders George W. Quip That Tickled Obama During Benefit
- Amazon Studios: Joe Lewis Exits As Head Of Comedy & Drama