EXCLUSIVE: Sundance Channel has assembled most of the regular cast of its first hourlong scripted series, legal drama Rectify. Abigail Spencer, Clayne Crawford, Adelaide Clements, Jonah Lotan and J. Smith Cameron are set to co-star in the six-episode series, written by Ray McKinnon and executive produced by Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein. Rectify centers on Daniel Holden who, after 19 years in prison, is released from Death Row when he is exonerated for rape and murder by DNA evidence. He returns to his hometown where he must readjust to his new life, including unfamiliar family members and surroundings. Cameron will play Daniel’s mother. Spencer will play his sister. Crawford will play his step-brother Ted. Clements will play Ted’s wife. Lotan will play Daniel’s lawyer, who works for the non-profit Justice Row. Spencer, repped by ICM and Untitled, will next be seen in Of Men And Mavericks and The Haunting In Georgia. Crawford, repped by APA, is recurring on FX’s Justified and will next be seen in the feature Baytown Disco.
Quintet Of Actors Cast In Sundance Channel's Drama Series 'Rectify'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Universal Brands New Monster Movies As 'Dark Universe'; Bill Condon's 'Bride Of Frankenstein' Up Next In 2019 - Video
Why 'Alien: Covenant' Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From 'Prometheus' -- Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- ‘Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath’ Special To Premiere On A&E
- Legendary TV’s Peter Johnson Joins MRC As President Of TV Development
- ‘The Wizard Of Lies’ Production Designer Laurence Bennett On Crafting A Dickensian Nightmare
- MSNBC Wins Primetime Week In Total Viewers And News Demo
- Michael Flynn Takes Fifth, Cites “Escalating Public Frenzy Against Him” In Refusal To Hand Docs To Senate
- Barry Jenkins On ‘The Underground Railroad’ And The Power Of “No” – Deadline Disruptors