EXCLUSIVE: Sundance Channel has assembled most of the regular cast of its first hourlong scripted series, legal drama Rectify. Abigail Spencer, Clayne Crawford, Adelaide Clements, Jonah Lotan and J. Smith Cameron are set to co-star in the six-episode series, written by Ray McKinnon and executive produced by Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein. Rectify centers on Daniel Holden who, after 19 years in prison, is released from Death Row when he is exonerated for rape and murder by DNA evidence. He returns to his hometown where he must readjust to his new life, including unfamiliar family members and surroundings. Cameron will play Daniel’s mother. Spencer will play his sister. Crawford will play his step-brother Ted. Clements will play Ted’s wife. Lotan will play Daniel’s lawyer, who works for the non-profit Justice Row. Spencer, repped by ICM and Untitled, will next be seen in Of Men And Mavericks and The Haunting In Georgia. Crawford, repped by APA, is recurring on FX’s Justified and will next be seen in the feature Baytown Disco.
Quintet Of Actors Cast In Sundance Channel's Drama Series 'Rectify'
What's Hot on Deadline
Rashida Jones Praises Netflix For Backing "Risky" 'Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On' Docuseries - Sundance Studio
Uni/Blumhouse's 'Split' Is A Hit With High $39M To $40M+; 'Xander Cage' Falls Down - Saturday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Sky Acquires Majority Stake In True North, Invests In Chrysalis Vision
- Madonna Clarifies Nonviolent Intent Of Women’s March Speech For Critics Immune To Context
- Danny Strong On His Sundance Debut With J.D. Salinger Film, Donald Trump & ‘Empire’ Spinoff
- Country Star Luke Bryan To Sing National Anthem At Super Bowl 2017
- Spurs v. Cavaliers Gives ABC Its Best Non-Christmas NBA Ratings Of Season
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise Bigly Post-Inauguration With Host Aziz Ansari