Connections to the entertainment business were all but missing from the list of Pulitzer Prize winners announced today. Playwright Quiara Alegria Hudes, whose In The Heights musical was put into turnaround 13 months ago, is probably the closest, taking the Drama award for her play Water By The Spoonful. Others with links to the television business as expert talking heads for documentaries include the late Manning Marable, who won the History prize for his book Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention, and John Lewis Gaddis, who took the Biography Pulitzer Prize for George F. Kennan: An American Life. The Pulitzer Prize for fiction, which has yielded such films and TV series as Cormac McCarthy’s The Road, Richard Russo’s Empire Falls, and Annie Proulx’s The Shipping News, was not awarded this year, the first time since 1977 and only the sixth time since the fiction award was first handed out in 1948. A complete list of winners, including detail on the journalism prizes, is available here.
Pulitzer Prizes: Few Hollywood Links
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest Awardsline News
- Emmys: TV Academy Unveils Category List
- Katy Perry To Host MTV Video Music Awards
- ‘Big Little Lies’: How Nicole Kidman Sealed The Deal To Make The HBO Series & Kept The Sex Honest…
- MTV Video Music Awards: Kendrick Lamar Leads Nominations
- Toronto Film Festival List Kick-Starts Oscar Race, Spills The Beans On Upcoming Venice & Telluride Lineups
- News & Documentary Emmy Noms: PBS & CBS Lap Field; Charles Osgood Gets Career Honor