The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has acquired the exclusive free-TV rights to Gaumont International Television’s upcoming 13-episode series Hannibal for its German-speaking and Scandinavian TV stations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark for a 2013 launch. Hannibal, about the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s character, renowned psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler named Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), has already been picked up by NBC in the U.S. Bryan Fuller wrote the project and is executive producing with Martha De Laurentiis.
ProSieben Acquires Gaumont's 'Hannibal'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over