The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has acquired the exclusive free-TV rights to Gaumont International Television’s upcoming 13-episode series Hannibal for its German-speaking and Scandinavian TV stations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark for a 2013 launch. Hannibal, about the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s character, renowned psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler named Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), has already been picked up by NBC in the U.S. Bryan Fuller wrote the project and is executive producing with Martha De Laurentiis.
ProSieben Acquires Gaumont's 'Hannibal'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lucy Punch To Star In FX Comedy She Will Pen With Ant Hines & Casper Christensen
- Fox Buys Ensemble Comedy From Alec Sulkin & Julius Sharpe As Put Pilot
- 'Full House' Reboot Eyed By Warner Bros. TV
- Eva Longoria Producing Medical Drama For NBC
- Tom Cibrowski Elevated At ABC News, 'GMA' & 'World News' Get New Exec Producers
- Emmys Analysis: 'Breaking Bad' & 'Modern Family' March Into History Books As Repeat Series Winners Dominate