The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has acquired the exclusive free-TV rights to Gaumont International Television’s upcoming 13-episode series Hannibal for its German-speaking and Scandinavian TV stations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark for a 2013 launch. Hannibal, about the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s character, renowned psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler named Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), has already been picked up by NBC in the U.S. Bryan Fuller wrote the project and is executive producing with Martha De Laurentiis.
ProSieben Acquires Gaumont's 'Hannibal'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner