The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has acquired the exclusive free-TV rights to Gaumont International Television’s upcoming 13-episode series Hannibal for its German-speaking and Scandinavian TV stations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark for a 2013 launch. Hannibal, about the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s character, renowned psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler named Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), has already been picked up by NBC in the U.S. Bryan Fuller wrote the project and is executive producing with Martha De Laurentiis.
ProSieben Acquires Gaumont's 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest TV News
- Epix Taps Ex-Goldwyn Films Exec Ian Puente As SVP Business & Legal Affairs
- Stephen Colbert’s Post-Super Bowl Live ‘Late Show’ Scores All-Time High Prelim Stats
- Hasbro Raises Dividend With Help From Strong ‘Star Wars’ Toy Sales In Q4
- Daniel Gerson Dies: Screenwriter On ‘Monsters, Inc’, ‘Big Hero 6’ Was 49
- Super Bowl Ratings Steady With Last Year; Second-Highest Overnight Ever
- Megyn Kelly Tackles Trump, O’Reilly On Stephen Colbert’s Post-Super Bowl ‘Late Show’