The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has acquired the exclusive free-TV rights to Gaumont International Television’s upcoming 13-episode series Hannibal for its German-speaking and Scandinavian TV stations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark for a 2013 launch. Hannibal, about the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s character, renowned psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler named Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), has already been picked up by NBC in the U.S. Bryan Fuller wrote the project and is executive producing with Martha De Laurentiis.
ProSieben Acquires Gaumont's 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Discovery' EPs Alex Kurtzman & Akiva Goldsman On "Burnham's Dilemma" & Michelle Yeoh Shocker
Latest TV News
- ‘The Affair’: Sanaa Lathan Set To Recur On Season 4 Of Showtime Series
- Facebook Watch 'Working Spectacularly' for Discovery-backed Group Nine—Ad Week
- ‘Grown-ish’: Abraham D. Juste Set To Recur In ‘Black-ish’ Spinoff
- HBO Sets Premiere Date For Ben Bradlee Doc ‘The Newspaperman’
- Stana Katic Thriller ‘Absentia’ Sets Overseas Premiere Dates On Sony’s AXN
- Megyn Kelly Unironically Complains Media Has “Gotten So Dark” In ‘Today’ Launch