The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has acquired the exclusive free-TV rights to Gaumont International Television’s upcoming 13-episode series Hannibal for its German-speaking and Scandinavian TV stations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark for a 2013 launch. Hannibal, about the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s character, renowned psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler named Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), has already been picked up by NBC in the U.S. Bryan Fuller wrote the project and is executive producing with Martha De Laurentiis.
ProSieben Acquires Gaumont's 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ With Host Dwayne Johnson Slips To Season Low
- BBC Chief Gets Death Threat After Firing Jeremy Clarkson From ‘Top Gear’
- ‘The Rock’s Revenge Of ‘Bambi’ Targets Disney Remakes: ‘SNL’
- ‘The Rock’ Obama Shows Dwayne Johnson As Host With The Most: ‘SNL’
- Trailer For J.K. Rowling’s ‘The Casual Vacancy’ On HBO
- NCAA Tournament Ratings Jump From First Friday, ‘Hart Of Dixie’ Finale Even