The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has acquired the exclusive free-TV rights to Gaumont International Television’s upcoming 13-episode series Hannibal for its German-speaking and Scandinavian TV stations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark for a 2013 launch. Hannibal, about the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s character, renowned psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler named Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), has already been picked up by NBC in the U.S. Bryan Fuller wrote the project and is executive producing with Martha De Laurentiis.
ProSieben Acquires Gaumont's 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Jeffrey Katzenberg To DWA Staff: “The Best Days Lie Ahead”
- Lifetime Hires Sharon Bordas As VP Scripted Series Development
- Kelly Ripa’s New Contract Strategy: Screaming Hairy Armadillo
- Mark Burnett Taps Barry Poznick As Head Of Unscripted For MGM TV Group
- Stephen Root Cast In Bill Hader's HBO Comedy Pilot ‘Barry’