The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has acquired the exclusive free-TV rights to Gaumont International Television’s upcoming 13-episode series Hannibal for its German-speaking and Scandinavian TV stations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark for a 2013 launch. Hannibal, about the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s character, renowned psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler named Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), has already been picked up by NBC in the U.S. Bryan Fuller wrote the project and is executive producing with Martha De Laurentiis.
ProSieben Acquires Gaumont's 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Girlboss’ Comedy Series Canceled By Netflix After One Season
- CNN Retracts Russian Investment Fund Story; Trump Ally Accepts Apology
- Dan Harmon Epic-Tweets About ‘Rick And Morty’ Return: No Feud With Star
- Marion Goldin Dies: Longtime ’60 Minutes’ Producer Was 76
- ‘The Originals’ Season Finale Ratings Even With 2016, ‘WWYD?’ Returns Steady
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”