The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has acquired the exclusive free-TV rights to Gaumont International Television’s upcoming 13-episode series Hannibal for its German-speaking and Scandinavian TV stations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark for a 2013 launch. Hannibal, about the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s character, renowned psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler named Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), has already been picked up by NBC in the U.S. Bryan Fuller wrote the project and is executive producing with Martha De Laurentiis.
ProSieben Acquires Gaumont's 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Jennifer Lopez To Serve As Judge & Mentor On NBC’s ‘World Of Dance’
- ‘High Maintenance’ Renewed By HBO For Season 2
- ‘The Mindy Project’ Acquired By VH1 & Freeform In Syndication
- Amazon Sets Preschool Series ‘Bookaboo’ For October Premiere
- James Corden Plug-forms With The Backstreet Boys On ‘Late Late Show’
- Lin-Manuel Miranda To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In October