The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has acquired the exclusive free-TV rights to Gaumont International Television’s upcoming 13-episode series Hannibal for its German-speaking and Scandinavian TV stations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark for a 2013 launch. Hannibal, about the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s character, renowned psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler named Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), has already been picked up by NBC in the U.S. Bryan Fuller wrote the project and is executive producing with Martha De Laurentiis.
ProSieben Acquires Gaumont's 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Don Johnson, Rupert Grint & Nick Frost Get A ‘Sick Note’ In Sky Atlantic Series
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Review: Cillian Murphy & Gang Raise Stakes In Strong Return
- 'Roots' Review: Reimagined Slavery Epic Poignant In Era Of Black Lives Matter
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Aziz Ansari’s ‘Master Of None’ Takes Unconventional Path To…
- Snoop Dogg Urges Acolytes To Avoid ‘Roots’ As Reboot Is Set To Premiere
- ‘The Carmichael Show’ Ends Season Quietly On Low-Rated Holiday Sunday