The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has acquired the exclusive free-TV rights to Gaumont International Television’s upcoming 13-episode series Hannibal for its German-speaking and Scandinavian TV stations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark for a 2013 launch. Hannibal, about the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s character, renowned psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler named Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), has already been picked up by NBC in the U.S. Bryan Fuller wrote the project and is executive producing with Martha De Laurentiis.
ProSieben Acquires Gaumont's 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
More From Andreeva
- Russian Spy Ring News Blends Into ‘The Americans’ & ‘Allegiance’ Marketing
- ‘Rush Hour’, Greg Garcia’s ‘Super Clyde’, Bill Wrubel Pilot Ordered By CBS
- Chevy Chase-Beverly D'Angelo Comedy, Shondaland Drama Among 4 ABC Pilot Orders
- TBS Deserted Island Comedy Pilot ‘Wrecked’ Sets Ensemble Cast
- Dana Klein Family Comedy Gets Fox Pilot Order