The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has acquired the exclusive free-TV rights to Gaumont International Television’s upcoming 13-episode series Hannibal for its German-speaking and Scandinavian TV stations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark for a 2013 launch. Hannibal, about the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s character, renowned psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler named Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), has already been picked up by NBC in the U.S. Bryan Fuller wrote the project and is executive producing with Martha De Laurentiis.
ProSieben Acquires Gaumont's 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump To Name Financier/Sean Hannity Pal Anthony Scaramucci New Communications Director: Report
Latest TV News
- Sean Spicer Resigns: Anthony Scaramucci Offered White House Communications Director Job
- ‘Code Black’ EP David Marshall Grant Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- Complex Networks Sets Q3 Slate: Skateboarders, Haunted Treasure Hunt & More Set For Go90
- Robert Mueller Asked White House To Preserve Docs Relating to Don Jr.’s Meeting With Russian Lawyer: CNN
- Stephen Colbert Reveals Result Of ‘Late Show’ Russian Pee Pee Tape Probe
- MSNBC’s ‘The Beat With Ari Melber’ Gets Premiere Date, Title