Is it real or Ridley Scott? It’s actually Michael Fassbender as David the robot and is the latest tease from Fox for Prometheus, Scott’s return to space. In this clip, Fassbender shows us what the latest generation of robots is capable of, both physically and emotionally. This is just the one slice of the promotional pie the studio is baking for Prometheus. In February, TED attendees were treated to a talk “from 2023” by Weyland Industries CEO Peter Weyland as played by Guy Pearce. As well as a movie trailer and social media presence, there’s a Weyland Industries website, Verizon-tied full-page ads for robots and more. Prometheus, starring Fassbender, Pearce, Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Idris Elba and Logan Marshall-Green, follows a team of explorers who discover an alien civilization that might hold the clue to the origins of mankind on Earth and a terrifying fate. It comes out June 8, 2012
'Prometheus' Robot Promo Featuring Michael Fassbender: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'