Is it real or Ridley Scott? It’s actually Michael Fassbender as David the robot and is the latest tease from Fox for Prometheus, Scott’s return to space. In this clip, Fassbender shows us what the latest generation of robots is capable of, both physically and emotionally. This is just the one slice of the promotional pie the studio is baking for Prometheus. In February, TED attendees were treated to a talk “from 2023” by Weyland Industries CEO Peter Weyland as played by Guy Pearce. As well as a movie trailer and social media presence, there’s a Weyland Industries website, Verizon-tied full-page ads for robots and more. Prometheus, starring Fassbender, Pearce, Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Idris Elba and Logan Marshall-Green, follows a team of explorers who discover an alien civilization that might hold the clue to the origins of mankind on Earth and a terrifying fate. It comes out June 8, 2012
'Prometheus' Robot Promo Featuring Michael Fassbender: Video
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks