Is it real or Ridley Scott? It’s actually Michael Fassbender as David the robot and is the latest tease from Fox for Prometheus, Scott’s return to space. In this clip, Fassbender shows us what the latest generation of robots is capable of, both physically and emotionally. This is just the one slice of the promotional pie the studio is baking for Prometheus. In February, TED attendees were treated to a talk “from 2023” by Weyland Industries CEO Peter Weyland as played by Guy Pearce. As well as a movie trailer and social media presence, there’s a Weyland Industries website, Verizon-tied full-page ads for robots and more. Prometheus, starring Fassbender, Pearce, Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Idris Elba and Logan Marshall-Green, follows a team of explorers who discover an alien civilization that might hold the clue to the origins of mankind on Earth and a terrifying fate. It comes out June 8, 2012
'Prometheus' Robot Promo Featuring Michael Fassbender: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video