Earlier this year Nichelle Nichols (aka Lieutenant Uhura for those of you with lives) visited President Obama at the White House. Though the official photos were taken back in February, it took several weeks for Nichols to receive her copies. So she tweeted one last night showing Obama giving the Vulcan salute while admitting to Nichols that “he was definitely a Trekker!” Which tonight prompted Conan O’Brien to joke: “Trekkies say he doesn’t qualify because he has a wife and a job.” On the other hand, maybe Paramount forked over a big fat donation to his reelection campaign in exchange for all this free publicity.
President Obama Claims To Be A Trekkie…
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
'Timeless' EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine Screening Series
Latest Film News
- Sony’s Pictures Division Reports Loss Of $719M; Company’s Overall Net Profit Takes 50% Hit
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts