Earlier this year Nichelle Nichols (aka Lieutenant Uhura for those of you with lives) visited President Obama at the White House. Though the official photos were taken back in February, it took several weeks for Nichols to receive her copies. So she tweeted one last night showing Obama giving the Vulcan salute while admitting to Nichols that “he was definitely a Trekker!” Which tonight prompted Conan O’Brien to joke: “Trekkies say he doesn’t qualify because he has a wife and a job.” On the other hand, maybe Paramount forked over a big fat donation to his reelection campaign in exchange for all this free publicity.
President Obama Claims To Be A Trekkie…
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner