EXCLUSIVE: Two months before the book is due out, producers Paul Mazur and Mitchell Kaplan have optioned film rights to Jean Zimmerman’s The Orphan Master. The historical serial-killer thriller, set in the New Amsterdam of 1633, will be published by Viking on June 19. Mazur and Kaplan, whose Mazur Kaplan Company along with Kevin McCormick optioned the Helen Simonson bestseller Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand last year, are currently in pre-production on The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society, starring Kate Winslet and directed by Kenneth Branagh. Zimmerman is repped by Dunow, Carlson & Lerner Literary Agency in association with CAA.
Paula Mazur & Mitchell Kaplan Adopt ‘The Orphan Master’
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
Latest Film News
- Snoop Dogg & Daz Dillinger Fire Up Drama Series Based On Their Early Days
- E/F/O, Tri G Co-Finance De Niro-Starrer ‘The War With Grandpa’ With Marro Films; Uma Thurman, Rob Riggle…
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Kathryn Newton, Gideon Adlon & Geraldine Viswanathan Make ‘The Pact’
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Over Five Newcomers With $38.4M; Second Frame Down 61% – Final B.O.
- Estonian Folk Tale ‘November’ Acquired By Oscilloscope – Tribeca
- ‘Aardvark’ Producer-Star Zachary Quinto On Film’s “Valiant” Exploration Of Mental Illness…