Participant Media’s push into television continues. On the heels of the company last week launching a formal TV division and tapping IFC TV and Sundance Channel president Evan Shapiro to run it, the feature producer has made an equity investment in Canada-based TV producer and distributor Cineflix Media. Participant’s TV division, headed by Shapiro, will partner with Cineflix to develop and produce original television programming that fits Participant’s brand of commercial and socially relevant entertainment. Participant is behind 39 narrative and feature films, including Contagion, Syriana, An Inconvenient Truth, The Cove and The Help. Cineflix Media set a foothold into the American marketplace with the 2010 launch of U.S.-based Cineflix Studios headed by another former Rainbow Media executive, AMC’s Christina Wayne. Cineflix Studios’ first scripted original series, Copper, premieres on BBC America in the U.S and on Shaw Media’s Showcase in Canada this summer. On the unscripted side, Cineflix Media produces a slew of series, including American Pickers, Property Brothers, Mayday, William Shatner’s Weird or What?, and Nazi Hunters.
Participant Media Acquires Equity Stake In Cineflix Media
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres