Participant Media’s push into television continues. On the heels of the company last week launching a formal TV division and tapping IFC TV and Sundance Channel president Evan Shapiro to run it, the feature producer has made an equity investment in Canada-based TV producer and distributor Cineflix Media. Participant’s TV division, headed by Shapiro, will partner with Cineflix to develop and produce original television programming that fits Participant’s brand of commercial and socially relevant entertainment. Participant is behind 39 narrative and feature films, including Contagion, Syriana, An Inconvenient Truth, The Cove and The Help. Cineflix Media set a foothold into the American marketplace with the 2010 launch of U.S.-based Cineflix Studios headed by another former Rainbow Media executive, AMC’s Christina Wayne. Cineflix Studios’ first scripted original series, Copper, premieres on BBC America in the U.S and on Shaw Media’s Showcase in Canada this summer. On the unscripted side, Cineflix Media produces a slew of series, including American Pickers, Property Brothers, Mayday, William Shatner’s Weird or What?, and Nazi Hunters.
Participant Media Acquires Equity Stake In Cineflix Media
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh
- CBS Developing ‘Under Suspicion’ Book Series Adaptation From John Glenn