EXCLUSIVE: A former Beatle and a former Eurythmic are making a musical with Paramount. The studio has picked up Hole In The Fence from Ringo Starr and Dave Stewart. The coming-of-age drama is about a group of kids who form a band to escape their depressing mining town. Stewart and Starr, who have worked together as musicians, will serve as executive producers along with Pam Williams. David Harris is writing the script based on Starr and Stewart’s music and original idea. Harris is already working with Stewart and his production company Weapons of Mass Entertainment. The writer is turning the Zombie Broadway graphic novel that he, Stewart and Christine Schenley created into a feature. Jonas Akerlund is scheduled to direct Zombie Broadway. Stewart, the creator and an executive producer on the ABC pilot Malibu Country starring Reba McEntire and Lily Tomlin, recently signed with ICM for all his initiatives in film, television, music, theater, publications, new media and branding. Starr is repped by Special Artists Agency in the U.S. and Primary Talent International in the UK.
Paramount Picks Up Ringo Starr & Dave Stewart’s ‘Hole In The Fence’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies